ramthor's monster build

Man of Honour
So you want to spend an extra £20 for the hell of it just because 1200w is more and also something you don't need? Makes no sense. Money to throw away?

On the other hand with a budget like this why are people focusing on saving £20 on a psu? A whopping 0.33% saving right there.

Soldato
You really don't need to spend £6K to get an awesome pc.

Also GTX 1080 ti > Titan X Pascal imo as it should be less money for the same performance if you go off the 980 ti and old Titan x.

I will drop a spec in later on as I have a few things to do. Also you might be lucky and get a Stulid spec :D

Associate
OP
I would check again, the spec you've listed is only showing 1 SSD and 1 HDD. I also think you'd be better off with 2x1080.

Personally at that amount of cash, I'd go with an 8Pack build.

There are 2 Samsung SSDs:
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe Solid State Drive
Samsung 2.0TB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-75E2T0B/EU)

And one WD HDD:
WD Black 6TB 7200rpm SATA 6Gb/s 128MB Cache HDD - OEM (WD6001FZWX)

Soldato
I don't know if OcUK will do any discounts on huge orders, would need to call them to find out or do a post in the CS section.

costs of PC parts have all gone up due to the value of the £1 dropping with all the brixit stuff which maybe why its more here than else where.

most certainly a nice system, did you have a budget in mind or is this just the cost its come too with everything you wanted?

Associate
OP
Regarding SLI setup vs Single powerful card setup. Things are debatable. I have SLI on my Alienware 18 laptop and I can tell you I had massive problems with games not released with SLI profile from the beginning.
Same are reporting plenty of people with driver issues and what not.

Associate
OP
I don't know if OcUK will do any discounts on huge orders, would need to call them to find out or do a post in the CS section.

costs of PC parts have all gone up due to the value of the £1 dropping with all the brixit stuff which maybe why its more here than else where.

most certainly a nice system, did you have a budget in mind or is this just the cost its come too with everything you wanted?

No, I didn't have a budget in mind. Price creeped up as I added the monitor and the Vive but I always wanted an ultrawide and VR. Plus the Intel and nVidia are greedy *******s! :)

Associate
OP
Why are you buying an old Titan X?

Troll Thread?

Let me help you.

The GPU will not be the one in the build but the Titan X (Pascal), which adds £100 to the total cost. Considering the choice of the monitor with its 3440x1440 resolution and aiming for 100 FPS average for its 100Hz refresh it might be probably not enough horsepower and a second Titan X might need to join the club sometime in the future. Will see about that.

Permabanned
I'm not sure why anyone would spend £999 on last years Titan X when the new one is available for £100 more... the only thing is you can only buy them directly from the manufacturer.

2x 1080 would be a lot better than the old Titan X if you want to buy everything from OcUK.

Associate
Personally if i was going to spend that much on a PC i'd expect a custom water cooled PC.

My current build has a lot of similar specs than the one you've listed here, with a few exceptions. I haven't spent any where near £6k.

Permabanned
So you want to spend an extra £20 for the hell of it just because 1200w is more and also something you don't need? Makes no sense. Money to throw away?

If the system uses 500W... a 1200W PSU will be more efficient than a 1000W or 850W PSU and potentially be a little quieter in operation.

For £20 extra... I would buy the 1200W too!

Back
Top Bottom