*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Soldato
Just started this last night as I finally got my new build up and running. Have to say on first impressions I am disapointed. It's not the Remake I was hoping for and is more like The Evil Within. I'm sure it'll still be a great game, but I was just hoping it would be more like the original. i guess as soon as I found out it was third person I should have known what to expect.

Whats the best control method to use for those that have played it? Game pad or kb/mouse. I feel more comfortable with kb/mouse, but i'm wondering if that makes it too easy?

Soldato
KB & Mouse is fine. Doesn't make it that easy tbh. Whilst you can 1 shot some normal zombies with the standard pistol it's still a rare chance to happen! The same inventory juggling is still in place which is half the fun!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Just started this last night as I finally got my new build up and running. Have to say on first impressions I am disapointed. It's not the Remake I was hoping for and is more like The Evil Within. I'm sure it'll still be a great game, but I was just hoping it would be more like the original. i guess as soon as I found out it was third person I should have known what to expect.

Whats the best control method to use for those that have played it? Game pad or kb/mouse. I feel more comfortable with kb/mouse, but i'm wondering if that makes it too easy?
I knew it would not be the remake I wanted, so went in with much lower expectations and enjoyed it. I wanted it to be a remake like the original remake. Graphics and tension would have been A LOT better imo.

Soldato
4 hours in and I have not been hit a single time yet.. I think I should have started on hardcore :(. Its still good so far though, used the original sound track to add a touch of nostalgia and really enjoying exploring the RPD. Even if the tension has been removed as its so easy and you can see all around you, the music/sound effects still create an uneasy feeling.

One thing i wish they had added was the random interaction text. I.e when you see a painting on the wall and you can interact with it and see a short description. It's just a small detail, but imo it helps to bring the world to life that little bit more.

Soldato
So i'm a bit behind as i've only just started this. Quick question, is it me or is this game really sensitive to overclocks? I overclock my gpu, and it was fine for battlefront 2 (in my experience frostbite games are really touchy), so i thought it was ok, but just loading up the main menu on resident evil 2 caused it to crash. Undid the OC and it seems to work. Also zombies at distant look hilarious.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
So i'm a bit behind as i've only just started this. Quick question, is it me or is this game really sensitive to overclocks? I overclock my gpu, and it was fine for battlefront 2 (in my experience frostbite games are really touchy), so i thought it was ok, but just loading up the main menu on resident evil 2 caused it to crash. Undid the OC and it seems to work. Also zombies at distant look hilarious.
Don’t recall having any issues with my Titan XP overclocks back then.

Soldato
I hate the zombie at a distance animation rate cull thing it is the only thing I hate about that game, I wish there was a setting to disable it

Soldato
I hate the zombie at a distance animation rate cull thing it is the only thing I hate about that game, I wish there was a setting to disable it
Tbh I read it on a website and now I can't stop noticing it lol. I'm not far in just beat what I assume is a bandersnatcher. It's fun so far, although i keep running low on ammo and I'm only doing it on normal difficulty.

Soldato
Damn, this thread makes me want to play it again. But sold my Titan XP so don’t have the grunt...
I was worried that i couldnt max the settings due to not having enough vram on my gtx 1080 lol. Seems to be work ok on the nvidia experience settings. I think its on par with battlefront 2 as being the most graphically demanding game i have.

Back
Top Bottom