*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Associate
Still on my Claire B run, just about done with the sewers.
I've got quite a bit of gunpowder stored away, both types. What ammo would you recommend making?

If on normal, any you like/have fun with.

If on hardcore, i'd wait till you're dry on ammo.
Acid rounds can help with lictors you'll face as you'll be out of flame rounds. You'll also face plant zombies where they keep returning, 1x acid round are good for putting one down, but they come back. Flame rounds, they still come back despite a note saying "burn them".

Sub machine gun is very very good for fighting G. Acid rounds can stall him a bit, but the sub can pop the eyeballs easier than any other gun.

Bullets are still helpful and zombies are still prevalent. But avoid making bullets unless really fully out, as you will still pick these up.

The electro gun and SRS heavy rounds can fill in for the acid rounds on some enemies, but the sub machine gun can't be replaced.

Also on hardcore, come last G bosses, running out of ammo and medicine before hand is asking for trouble. I was down to using bullets from the pistol on the last boss on the A playthrough with Claire on hardcore, thought i was royally screwed due to overwriting saves.

Soldato
grabbed this for 14 quid odd in the steam sale, im impressed, runs great and looks decent and more importantly it plays awesome, this is how remakes should be done, i only ever played the start of original resi 2 before, so it is like a new proper resi game for me :)

i just got some **** in a hat to stop chasing me every where, dang that was tense :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
grabbed this for 14 quid odd in the steam sale, im impressed, runs great and looks decent and more importantly it plays awesome, this is how remakes should be done, i only ever played the start of original resi 2 before, so it is like a new proper resi game for me :)

i just got some **** in a hat to stop chasing me every where, dang that was tense :p
Shoot his hat off! ;)

Soldato
Had a try at doing S+ Hardcore with Leon, following a guide.

50 min in, Mr X catches me in a corner.
That was a bitter pill to swallow.

Soldato
Such an awesome game. I played it for a few nights. Forever running away from the Tyrant without knowing I could walk in areas to stop him hearing me. Been so many years since I played original.

I also have a tendency to forget things when I rush. Played with Claire and got to the parking garage and I only had a knife and a pistol. Had to go back and get her grenade launcher.

Soldato
Such an awesome game. I played it for a few nights. Forever running away from the Tyrant without knowing I could walk in areas to stop him hearing me. Been so many years since I played original.

I also have a tendency to forget things when I rush. Played with Claire and got to the parking garage and I only had a knife and a pistol. Had to go back and get her grenade launcher.

just finished leons one earlier, now i have mr x popping up chasing claire about and not far into the playthrough either dang, still shot his hat off :p

Soldato
Finally beat hardcore, but too many mistakes to make S+

n3S2zUO.jpg

Died to the 2nd Birkin fight, so had to do a chunk of the sewers again.
Made up for lost time though, nearly had it, then that last Tyrant fight with the 1 hit kill move caught me.
Took me 4 attempts to finally beat him.

Not disheatened though, probably gonna start another run tomorrow, hopefully nail it on the weekend.

Soldato
Couldn't help myself, fired the game up when I got home from work.
Only wanted to get to the 1st save point and have an early night, but things were going so well, that I carried on.
Died twice to Birkin on his 2nd fight, but thankfully I saved right before so didn't lose much time.

zquIF5M.jpg

:D

Few quick zombie kills to celebrate.

hdG5zTy.jpg

jQENMzC.jpg

Absolutely ****ing buzzing! Screw the early night, having a few cans.

I don't know if I can do it for the other scenarios, it's taking it's toll on my heart...

Associate
Couldn't help myself, fired the game up when I got home from work.
Only wanted to get to the 1st save point and have an early night, but things were going so well, that I carried on.
Died twice to Birkin on his 2nd fight, but thankfully I saved right before so didn't lose much time.

zquIF5M.jpg

:D

Few quick zombie kills to celebrate.

hdG5zTy.jpg

jQENMzC.jpg

Absolutely ****ing buzzing! Screw the early night, having a few cans.

I don't know if I can do it for the other scenarios, it's taking it's toll on my heart...
nicely done! i was watching my friend play (he was streaming on discord), man he sucked hahah

Associate
Picked this up in the last sale. Cannot really remember if I played it on its first release back in the day. Finished Leons run through and enjoyed that but I think I am preferring Claires second run through. Only just got the electric parts to grab the parking card I think it is but had 2 scares, licker through the window even though I knew it was coming and a licker dropping down when trying to evade Mr X. Think I picked it up for £11 ro £12 and that is great value in my mind.

1hr 59 hardcore is quality.

Soldato
just finished claires run through, the early appearance of mr x sucked balls, but managed to run around like a headless chicken and get through that, despite the prat appearing where i was trying to go a lot :p

36 hours so far, wonder what to do next, awesome game for 14 quid :)

Associate
I'm playing through this for the first time, but I have no desire to try and achieve a high ranking, even in subsequent playthroughs. I play solely for the story and survival element, not some arbitrary statistics!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Just a heads up, if like me you never got around to unlocking everything yourself (I only managed to get the unlimited handgun and knife) and want to unlock everything then you can grab the RESIDENT EVIL 2 - All In-game Rewards Unlock DLC from Humble Bundle for £1 :)

Just got it myself and will have a quick blast through with Clair on Hard :D

Soldato
Tempting but I'll try to unlock at least some of the stuff myself, though I won't go for 3-save runs, too lazy for that:p I got 3:31 on Hardcore because of fumbling around so if I trim it down I might get an S to unlock the submachine gun:p Currently halfway through S standard to get the inf Samurai Edge.

Back
Top Bottom