*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Associate
I got my first "flying" goal last night lol. It was perhaps the most rewarding gaming experience of my life haha.

I did that a while back... ditto.

Amazingly fun game, perfect for either short bursts (I love how quickly you can get into the game as well) or full on several hours of gaming. I think playing competitive fighting games and actual football has given me a pretty decent level of tactical awareness for Rocket League. Now I just need to get the technical ability down.... but getting there.

I basically switch between this, insurgency and whatever actual other game I am playing.

Soldato
I got my first "flying" goal last night lol. It was perhaps the most rewarding gaming experience of my life haha.

Damn it's only a matter of time before I get one of these.

My god this game is addicting, I've even been thinking about it all day at work. I can kind of visualise the strategies to get good at it.

Associate
Got two flying goals today, proper chuffed after many many attempts where I'd end up just flying past the ball and looking stupid :o

Don
I've just realised that you can play this split screen, so me and my 3 year old son have been having a riot of a laugh :D he thinks it's absolutely fall-on-the-floor funny that the cars can drive up the wall

Associate
Does anyone have any tips for playing in goal? I love doing heroic saves but sadly they're very rare at the moment :D

Soldato
Bought this yesterday and absolutely love it already, even though I am a complete clown when it comes to playing it.

The numerous hilarious animated gameplay gifs on reddit completely swayed me towards the purchase and it was a good one. Currently practicing a small season mode with the AI right now to get to grips with things.

The engine seems to be locked at 60fps though and I can't see how to unlock it atm.

Soldato
I'm really tempted to get this but not sure if it's worth the money.
I've read there's not a lot of variation and so things get quite dull before too long.

How are you guys finding it? Is it getting dull after 30/40/50 hours of play?

How much fun is it to play if your friends don't play so you have to play solo?

I'm guessing you can play online 4 vs 4 by joining a game with random people and don't need to have a 4 person group to start?
If you have one friend that plays, can the 2 of you join a 4 vs 4 game together?

Associate
How are you guys finding it? Is it getting dull after 30/40/50 hours of play?

How much fun is it to play if your friends don't play so you have to play solo?

I'm guessing you can play online 4 vs 4 by joining a game with random people and don't need to have a 4 person group to start?
If you have one friend that plays, can the 2 of you join a 4 vs 4 game together?

I've got around 25 hours so far and it's not dull at all. I feel like the skill ceiling is a lot higher than where I am right now - so there's always somewhere to improve to.

I tried to play without friends once and I really didn't enjoy it at all. I think part of the fun is just laughing at insane things that your friends do etc. That seems to be the case in my group anyway.

Soldato
Is this just the next generation of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars? I can see it's the same developer, please say it's as good!

It certainly looks like it's just as good, if not better.

I just can't decide between buying it on PC and PS4 :o

Associate
OP
Is this just the next generation of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars? I can see it's the same developer, please say it's as good!

As far as I know it is just the next generation. Only with a much easier to remember name.
Considering how popular this has become on twitch, I wouldn't be surprised if it became a big esport.

Associate
Confused about replays. I've heard of folks saving and editing theirs but I haven't a clue how to save replays for starters. Any ideas? I use a 360 controller if it helps.

Once the match has ended and displays the scoreboard and you have the option to ready up for the next match, further down the list there is the option to save a replay of the game.

These are then stored under *I think* under the extras menu and you can change camera angles, which car you follow etc. Didn't look to see if you can spit them directly out to YouTube like some other games but I imagine you could just shadowplay/FRAPS it.

Don
Is it possible to create your own server, have your friends easily join that server and have randoms on it too?

Reached about lvl10 so far, only played the standard quick match options.

Back
Top Bottom