*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Caporegime
Got this for free for pre ordering a Steam Link and its bonkers!

Played it with a mate last night and I've decided it's about 95% random, and 5% skill. Like chasing a bouncing rugby ball. It's hilariously awesome though! Some epic setups and goals, coupled with major epic fails :p.

The SP is rather pointless though. None of the AI boost off the start so if you line up the first touch right you can score from the kick off every time. I was winning with over 10 goals a game.

Soldato
:p.

The SP is rather pointless though. None of the AI boost off the start so if you line up the first touch right you can score from the kick off every time. I was winning with over 10 goals a game.

Try upping the difficulty ;)

It's a struggle to win against all star sometimes.

Soldato
I'm far too lazy to record video of any of my highlights, but I was quite proud of reversing and back-flipping to save this shot in overtime:

(click pic for full res)
9H3IpX6h.jpg

Someone gave me some right abuse for dribbling the ball to score rather than hitting it lol, is that really a no no?

Nothing wrong with it at all. Its not very common to see in team games with lots of people, but in 1v1 and sometimes 2v2 it is an essential skill. They were probably just grouchy.

That only happens on rookie difficulty. On pro and on all star they will boost for the ball and reach it about the same time as you do

Caporegime
Is there an easier way to get Replays onto YouTube other than using something like Fraps to record the replay and put up with the on screen overlays it puts on them?

Soldato
Got this last night and had a blast with the lads. We had a 6 game win streak straight off the bat against ps4 players. 4 players does seem like a bit of a mess, but 3vs 3 seems like a sweet spot to me.

Soldato
Picked this up the other day and absolutely loving it :D

Only negatives are getting put with team-mates who cannot play at all... Seriously - just because you *can* hit the ball doesn't mean you should... I sometimes feel like the only player who is often holding back trying to create some space etc. and anticipate where the ball will go if the other team clear it etc... meanwhile my 2 team-mates spend the whole match with the gas held-down driving directly at the ball hitting it at every opportunity; even if that ends up being towards/into our own goal...

Getting sick of people complaining at each other as well - personally I don't care if somebody steals one of my goals, the important thing is we scored a goal :p

Soldato
Is there an easier way to get Replays onto YouTube other than using something like Fraps to record the replay and put up with the on screen overlays it puts on them?

If you have an Nvidia card you can record with ShadowPlay, it has no overlays and has next to no performance hit.

Caporegime
Cheers. I gave the Windows 10 Game DVR feature a try... What a complete pile of garbage that thing is.

I'll have a look at ShadowPlay, thanks.

Devrij, 4v4 is all a bit manic and is really more about getting a lucky punt out of the brawl. 3v3 is great as it has the best balance. 2v2 is a very different style as you cannot let them get a break or you will be punished. Not played 1v1 yet.

Caporegime
I bet it all comes from the PS4 players too...

Turning chat off solves it :).

Managed to get the replay uploaded. We were soooo lucky not to be about 4-0 down by the mid point.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ragequitters are pretty annoying... but remember it's cross-play with PS4 so a lot of the people you're up against are console-generation 12-year olds who can't take it when a game presents anything sort-of resembling difficulty... so it's not surprising

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Can't stand the ragequitters in this game, really ruins it for both teams because the AI are so poor once you reach semi-pro and above.

It is annoying I must admit.

That's why I normally stick to ranked games. It's harder to quit out in them. There is no quit option, you have to 'vote' to forfeit.

Soldato
I think either their is an issue or everyone is trying ranked. E couldn't find a game on normal for 2's, changed to ranked and it was fine

Soldato
Blimey "standard solo" in ranked has by far the most toxic feel to the community of any mode I've played so far. (I assume it differs from "standard" in that all 3 players on the team are not in a party together by default?)

Game this morning - the enemy team are really putting the pressure on and we aren't looking too good, but are just about managing to keep the ball out of our goal... then I accidentally mis-aimed a bicycle-kick clearance in the goal-mouth and knocked it in... Immediately hit "Whoops!" "Sorry!"... The response back I got was just "idiot" :rolleyes:... A few plays later I must have missed a fairly good chance at a goal and the same guy berated me again over it... the other team scored a second goal a bit later and my team-mates voted to concede immediately then when I didn't they refused to keep playing to force me to vote as well

Think I'll stick to playing RL when we have a team of mates online

Associate
I had the same experience last night in ranked play. I don't think I saw any abuse in any of the pre-rank games I played in before the patch.

Maybe it's because we're all starting at the same level again and I previously missed them because of rank.

Soldato
Perhaps; instinctively I assumed the guy having a go at me must have been some super-high level player who had been reset to the low ranks and couldn't believe someone would make a simple mistake... but when I looked he was only listed as "semi-pro" (I'm "pro" but just barely). I think he was a PS4 player and had 1999 in his username, so ~15 years old - probably makes sense :p

I think actually next time someone on my own team starts giving me or someone else a hard time I may just throw the game completely and spend the time annoyingly bumping into them... trololololol

Back
Top Bottom