Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
Anyone have codes for Samsung discounts on the S24U? My S21U has been in the repairer and I missed out on the more healthier discounts on the Samsung website as I was waiting in hope for my S21 to be repaired, but it's a main board failure so I need to buy a new one....right when there are zero incentives to buy one!!

Soldato
The upgrade programme works well, but you do need to be mindful on when you do it. I got a bad deal because I was given £170 for my S20U, but I later saw people on this forum get given higher amounts like £250, so I timed it badly.

The new Samsung ships via DPD and you have a 2-week window to return your old phone. The clock starts when DPD's tracking shows that the new handset has been delivered, as opposed to the invoice date or shipping date, so that's quite good. Samsung Smart Switch transfers everything from your old phone to your new phone - photos, other files, contacts, apps, settings, and even some of your logins.

Warning - I fell foul on the authenticators, Google, Microsoft etc. I thought that all of the codes would transfer over, but only the Microsoft ones copied across ok. So it was too late when I realised I lost my OcUK code. See the yellow warning bit on the top of most forum pages). I contacted a mod, got a bit of a telling off :p confirmed a few security questions then had my login reset. Then you need to create some backup codes for OcUK and note them down somewhere.
Thanks very much. I did consider it but managed to get some money off so didn't go down the upgrade programme route. Possibly in a year or so if any big advancements are made, but I'm hoping my S24U will last me a few years at least. My S21 only made it to around 3 years :(

Soldato
So I managed to take a gouge out of the screen. Thankfully I bought the Samsung screen protector which did its job. Due to the Samsung protector being plastic I decided to try out one of the spigen glass ones and it's soooo much better. You lose the anti reflective coating but it's simple to install and feels so much more smooth when scrolling etc. Would absolutely recommend.

I love playing with the AI generated wallpapers and like to change them regularly. I like that they get saved too. I don't like the way an intrusive advert appeared from samsung app store. It took me a while to figure out which app generated it as it wasn't named appropriately. Then I realised that if you press and hold on the notification, you can choose how they are handled in future. So a plus there.

Last edited:
Associate
Just watched android addicts latest video, he does a comparison after every update and looking at this month's update the exynos 2400 is kicking @$$ in some tests and not too far behind in others, battery still better on 8 gen 3 but still hats off to exynos this time around.

Associate
Just watched android addicts latest video, he does a comparison after every update and looking at this month's update the exynos 2400 is kicking @$$ in some tests and not too far behind in others, battery still better on 8 gen 3 but still hats off to exynos this time around.
Get use to it!

Soldato
I'm having issues with my s24u not charging properly. Battery died last night then when I plugged in a cable I couldn't get to to charge enough to turn back on. In the end I left it plugged into my PC overnight. When I woke up it turned on but was only at 77% after 7 hours.

Right now it's plugged into a dell laptop charger that has always charged my phones rapidly however it's claiming its going to take nearly 2 hours to go from 25% to full.

Fast charge now seems non existent

Back
Top Bottom