Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
been looking at this thread for a while, the s24 the camera was a big let down for me, i like the chassis and the screen, i have opted for 24 ultra take a little getting used too but a far more superior phone.

Soldato
I'm planning on getting the S24 Ultra for the Mrs as Samsung have a decent Unidays offer.

What screen protector are you guys recommending??

I have the IMBZK on my S23 Ultra which is decent. So I'm curious to see what people are happy with this year's flagship.

Soldato
I'm planning on getting the S24 Ultra for the Mrs as Samsung have a decent Unidays offer.

What screen protector are you guys recommending??

I have the IMBZK on my S23 Ultra which is decent. So I'm curious to see what people are happy with this year's flagship.

I'm using the Samsung one and more than happy with it. Any glass one and you'll lose the anti reflectiveness.

Soldato
Thats weird. The cut off with EE is definitely the 1st of March for in contract price rises. Found that out the hard way a number of years back, lesson learned.

I also renewed with EE earlier this month and was specifically told the price wouldn't rise till next year (when the contract ends, as it's a 12M contract).

This year I just bought the phone separate instead of going through EE's phone & plan contracts. They used to give a bit of a discount if you bought the phone on contract compared to what you could buy the phone outright for, but that's been long gone in my experience, I only barely justified it last time. Instead it seems way more expensive. I was close to actually leaving EE in general really, as their prices are ridiculous, but after requesting my PAC they gave me a call and offered a better sim only deal(albeit with a 100mb speed cap - but I can't get more than that around where I live anyway).

Sadly I can't really help with your comparison to the S22+ because I upgraded from the S22U. What I can say is I'm glad to be off exynos 2200, so I'd probably recommend the S24U over the + for that reason alone lol. For me it wasn't even just the battery woes which usually get cited. It was also that some games just wouldn't run as well as I would have thought. I just don't think they were optimised as well as they are for snapdragon. It's why I think benchmarks are often misleading, they don't really always give you a great indication of everything.
To be fair the language is a bit amibuous/probably lazy web design. It just says "Increases from March 31st". I am early on the upgrade by about 4 months as well, so I suspect there is some gaming of the numbers - as they are discounting the early upgrade fee.

It's a difficult pill to swallow though - they want £88/mo for unlimited data.

Soldato
To be fair the language is a bit amibuous/probably lazy web design. It just says "Increases from March 31st". I am early on the upgrade by about 4 months as well, so I suspect there is some gaming of the numbers - as they are discounting the early upgrade fee.

It's a difficult pill to swallow though - they want £88/mo for unlimited data.
^^ so overnight they released new tariffs. The one mentioned above (ultra plan including an add-on; which is good value if you need it) was now £87.

However I couldn't find value in the add-on, so I've just agreed £69/mo with £30 upfront for 125gb. That's £5 more than my S22+ and 4 months before the contract ends.

He said the price won't raise 31st March but I am not so sure --- I am still in contract till August so I am eligible for the increase. Will see! If it doesn't, then that is quite the lifehack to get around a CPI increase lol.

Early upgrade fee was £211 but that was waved. It meant I couldn't use the trade-in offer though so I need to shift my S22+ which unfortunately has a gnarly scratch on the screen.

Back
Top Bottom