Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
OP
thanks so much personality!

Ive gone through all the steps, i had seen on reddit the settings so i was already using these - still feels a bit washed out. Ive ordered a usb c memory stick so i can update the firmware, im currently on 1023 and i see on the samsung website theres a 1305.5 that was released on the 10th november so im hoping that will fix it otherwise ill be sending it back.

You might need to follow one of the settings I shared on the 1st post, about scaling or something similar

• If you have any jagged or pixelated text, do the below to try and fix the issue
Make sure you have GeForce Experience first and update drivers.Go to Windows Display Setting>Nvidia Control panel>Adjust Desktop Size>Scaling Tab>Scaling Mode:
select "No Scaling" or "Full-Screen" (I selected No Scaling). Perform Scaling on: select "GPU", select "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs">Size Tab: Resize the desktop...
: select "Enable desktop resizing", select "Do not report"It is only after this that my computer display/graphics were back to normal and I was able to open applications without fear that my text would go jagged/pixilated.

So if anyone here experiences the jagged/pixelated text, it may have automatically turned some of this stuff on. This should save you thinking you've got a faulty monitor.

Soldato
scaling is greyed out for some reason. Text is sharp enough its just that the screen looks washed out compared to my previous LG CX - the colours dont seem correct.

I had similar problems last year when i purchased the asus 42" oled prior to a bios update which fixed it.

What firmware are you running for the monitor?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive updated the firmware but theres no difference, looks like its going back for a refund. Very frustrating as in game it does look terrific - ive tried display port today and i get the same results with both.

Associate
Hi all
Just got the G93SC today. Total newbie here, I would appreaciate some explanation.

I have updated to the latest firmware, and as I understand from reading this forum, it seems as a must to calibrate it too. Is the calibration the ICC-profile, or is it two different things?

Also Can someone please send me the ICC-profile at [email protected] - thanks!

Another question, do people have HDR enabled all the time, or only during gaming?

Soldato
Hi all
Just got the G93SC today. Total newbie here, I would appreaciate some explanation.

I have updated to the latest firmware, and as I understand from reading this forum, it seems as a must to calibrate it too. Is the calibration the ICC-profile, or is it two different things?

Also Can someone please send me the ICC-profile at [email protected] - thanks!

Another question, do people have HDR enabled all the time, or only during gaming?
i have it on all the time - it took me a while to dial in the settings, ive forwarded it with the settings to you - i use the settings but i dont use the calibration i found it too dull, in desktop colour settings in nvidia i use the following brightness 60%, contrast 100% gamma 1.05.

I like bright settings though, anytime i see people give example settings for any tv/monitor i have it always looks invariably too dark for me.

Last edited:
Associate
i have it on all the time - it took me a while to dial in the settings, ive forwarded it with the settings to you - i use the settings but i dont use the calibration i found it too dull, in desktop colour settings in nvidia i use the following brightness 60%, contrast 100% gamma 1.05.

I like bright settings though, anytime i see people give example settings for any tv/monitor i have it always looks invariably too dark for me.
Much appreciated!

What picture mode have you selected with your nvidia settings?

Also are you sure that firmware version is for the G93SC? The one I can find at samsung is 1005.2 --> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LS49CG934SUXXU/#downloads

Associate
OP
For anyone wanting to use DLDSR with this monitor, you've got to switch to 16:9 for the option to appear in the control panel :) (Using a 4090) so maybe different story for others? then enjoy it at 2560x1440,

Make sure you've already got your settings and calibrations set up for 32:9 and 16:9 then the switching is flawless maintaining all your settings :)

Just wanted to try it out in certain games and see if I felt any performance boost. As the option isn't there when running at 5120x1440

Last edited:
Associate
Just popped back on after a break due to health & finally coming up to date with my main PC (13900K) to get the settings for my Neo G9 as updating the firmware this week & a fresh installation of Windows made me start to hate the monitor again! 10 seconds applying Personality+'s settings has made it easier on my eyes again. Give this man a medal :D

Back
Top Bottom