Shogun

Caporegime
I've just watched a few episodes but... haven't they goofed a bit with this? They have his logs or whatever from his ship and the young priest noted something about them showing he was a pirate etc..But how does that translator chick read them?

Like surely she speaks Japanese and Portuguese but why would his ship logs be in Portuguese rather than English or Dutch (he's an English navigator/pilot with a Dutch crew and the Captian was Dutch too).

If he's the first English person to reach "the Japans" then how would she know how to read English?

When Mariko opens the diary there is a sheet of paper with Portuguese notes, from when the priests had the diaries and they started trying to translate it. Not a direct translation more like bullet points of important stuff they've been able to pull out quickly.

It says in Portuguese "600 pounds of bullets ... 6 muskets ... 27 dead ... burned churches"

But it's not really on screen for long enough to be really noticed and the cut away is quite abrupt so I assume originally they wanted to keep it for longer, but it got changed in the edit.

its okay but many say the original is far better. subtitles make it a little choresome tbh.

I loved the original but this is better. The subs for me are not an issue and adds another layer of authenticity to it for me. I'm not finding them hard to read or distracting from what is going on.

Caporegime
I loved the original but this is better. The subs for me are not an issue and adds another layer of authenticity to it for me. I'm not finding them hard to read or distracting from what is going on.
i think what it is as well is ive been watching really good shows lately and the subtitles which i dont normally mind are kinda a bit of a chore as i normally watch late at night. so its sorta extra eye strain. :D

Soldato
So who was the one slept with budget hardy in episode 4? I couldn't tell as the screen was dark and the face was not that visible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom