Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
Just placed an order for Fibre Unlimited.

How involved is the OpenReach engineer visit? What do they do? Any drilling / re cabling?

If they need to put a new cable in they will do it externally, then in through your phone socket.
Then they will want to screw the open reach box on the wall, But you can ask them to use double sided tape. Then its just cables going to and from the router and open reach box.

Associate
If they need to put a new cable in they will do it externally, then in through your phone socket.
Then they will want to screw the open reach box on the wall, But you can ask them to use double sided tape. Then its just cables going to and from the router and open reach box.

Thanks. Hopefully they won't need to do any additional cabling. Do they insist on you plugging the router into the master socket? I have a master socket in my bedroom but a further socket on the other side of the room (where my PC is). Ideally I want to keep the router on the PC side of my room but that would mean not plugging the router into the master.

nam

nam

Soldato
PlusNet:
Up to38Mb downloadspeed
40GB monthlyusage
£7.99 a month for 6 months, then £15.99
+£14.50 line rental

Up to76Mb downloadspeed
Unlimited monthlyusage
£9.99 a month for 6 months, then £19.99
+£14.50 line rental

Sky
Up to38Mb downloadspeed
£10 a month for 6 months, then £20
+£14.50 line rental

Up to76Mb downloadspeed
Unlimited monthlyusage
£30 a month
+£14.50 line rental

Thank you, but i need to add activation fee of £50 with Plusnet, Sky are currently free. As a existing O2 Broadband customer i thought Sky would have given me more of an offer to stay but they only offer what is on the website..

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Thank you, but i need to add activation fee of £50 with Plusnet, Sky are currently free. As a existing O2 Broadband customer i thought Sky would have given me more of an offer to stay but they only offer what is on the website..

Plusnet offers free activation if you take the phone.

Soldato

I've just left o2 (adsl2+ with line rental) plusnet seemed to be best for me over all..
Although sky did offer me tv adsl2 and line rental for £15 a month, but i was sick of speaking to them by that point as I felt I was getting the run around and had been on the phone for about an hour being passed between sky and o2 after they failed to apply a previously agreed discount to my package.

Good riddance to them.

Soldato

The only thing plusnet charged extra for me was £5 postage for the new router.

Soldato
Getting a bit peed off with Fibre Pro. Started off with 76Mbit in November and each time I've had to unplug the modem, which is only every few weeks, the sync speed drops but the SNR stays just under 6. Now I'm at 54Mbit. Upload has remained at 20Mbit though.

Caporegime
Yes, the Firmware in them is slightly different but you can change the SSID and password to match the old router to save reconnecting every wireless device again.

Associate
Just had my Sky Hub arrive for activation Thursday.

My master socket is one side of my bedroom and my PC is on the other side of the room. Ideally I want the modem and hub together on the PC side of the room. So will the BT Extension kit allow for this? Is it just a cable that runs out from the master socket and along to the modem. I only need it to be about 3 metres.

Associate
Just had mine installed this morning. Nice smooth engineer visit. Am currently getting a ping of 0!!

2873971477.png

Back
Top Bottom