Sky Sports to remain home of Formula 1 until 2029 after deal extended in all Sky markets

Soldato
Maybe a daft question, but what's the cheapest way to stream Sky's F1 coverage within say 6 hours of the live broadcast. I'm used to just watching the Channel 4 highlights in the evening after the race, but I'd prefer to watch Sky's full coverage. I've no interest in any other Sky stuff.

Now TV £11.99 a day? Ouch. £26 a month (for six months)?

Don
Maybe a daft question, but what's the cheapest way to stream Sky's F1 coverage within say 6 hours of the live broadcast. I'm used to just watching the Channel 4 highlights in the evening after the race, but I'd prefer to watch Sky's full coverage. I've no interest in any other Sky stuff.

Now TV £11.99 a day? Ouch. £26 a month (for six months)?

In the UK, your only choice is a Sky F1 sub, Now TV or highlights on Ch4. Nothing else should be discussed on here

Soldato
Wonder if Now Tv will do there offer, I think I was paying £21 a month to watch last year.
The offers haven’t been all that great the last couple of years. I thought it was more like £25/month last year.

In the past they used to do £200 for the season.

Associate
I watched the Daytona 500 last night. The video was uninterupted but the audio feed was from Fox. I think the feed went quiet every 8 laps (47 second laps) as they had adverts. That's a paid for channel as well in the states.
Maybe we're a close second then. Also infuriating that the country hosting the sport tends to get the worst deal. E.g. no 3pm fixtures etc.

Man of Honour
Maybe we're a close second then. Also infuriating that the country hosting the sport tends to get the worst deal. E.g. no 3pm fixtures etc.

That's self-inflicted though to be fair; the 3PM rule has been there for donkey's years now; I'm not aware that a similar rule exists anywhere else in Europe; I've certainly watched German, Italian and French football in bars at the "peak" viewing times over there on holiday.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It also doesn't make a blind bit of difference as those who want to view 3pm games will ultimately find a way without going to the stadiums.

Caporegime
OP
That's self-inflicted though to be fair; the 3PM rule has been there for donkey's years now; I'm not aware that a similar rule exists anywhere else in Europe; I've certainly watched German, Italian and French football in bars at the "peak" viewing times over there on holiday.
There are quite a few American sports, baseball is the one that immediately springs to mind, that have local blackouts on home games similar to 3pm games. Again this is to drive local attendance or when a local broadcaster has exclusive rights, both similar reasons to the limited number of games shown and the 3PM Saturday issue: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_blackout_policy

The NFL had one of the most egregious Blackout policies until it was scrapped in the mid 2010's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_television_blackout_policies

Last edited:
Soldato
I may investigate SkyQ but whatever way it looks pricey. Would make sense if I liked watching other sports, but honestly I hate everything around professional football and golf is boring. Any other reason to stump up for a sky sports sub?

Formula E seems to have the previous seasons fully available on their website, so started watching that again. It’s competitive and enjoyable if you like motorsport but obviously the stakes and spectacle don’t match F1.

Soldato
I may investigate SkyQ but whatever way it looks pricey. Would make sense if I liked watching other sports, but honestly I hate everything around professional football and golf is boring. Any other reason to stump up for a sky sports sub?

Formula E seems to have the previous seasons fully available on their website, so started watching that again. It’s competitive and enjoyable if you like motorsport but obviously the stakes and spectacle don’t match F1.
If you get Sky Q, you can get the F1 channel on its own. Stream and Glass customers however get shafted and have to pay for the full Sky Sports package :mad:

Soldato
Surely it would be cheaper to buy a day pass for each race?
£20 x 12 = £240
24 rounds x £11.99 = £287.76, double it if you want to watch qualy.

Don’t forget you get all the sports channels too so you may as well get the monthly one if there’s even one other sport you might want to watch.

Back
Top Bottom