Split Air con

Soldato

That’s a decent video he’s got one of those bags that drain into a bucket. I find they just make way more mess.

You get them for casettes which are way better as you can’t avoid it dripping.

Even the coil cleaner has to sit for 15 before it takes effect.

Last edited:
Soldato
When we had ours serviced last time I saved the bottle that they used to clean the filters so that I could find some and just do it myself when it is needed in future.

img[

Soldato
That’s the stuff I use. That’s not for the filters though, that’s for the indoor coil.

Says on it leave it for 15 minutes. Then rinse.

For the filters youre wanting to use easy fresh - https://www.greenmillac.com/Products/Cleaners-Servicing-Materials/Easy-Fresh-400ml.html

or OdourGuard https://www.greenmillac.com/Products/Cleaners-Servicing-Materials/1ltr-RTU-OdourGuard.html

If the coil is pretty smelly you’ll want to use this stuff - https://www.greenmillac.com/Products/Cleaners-Servicing-Materials/Easy-care-600ml.html

Basically one can will do 2 FCU, as its in the can it can blast between the fins and pull the dirt out.

You get heavier duty cleaners for outdoor units.

Soldato
Got any information on this with respect to modern units?

Looking at mine all the parts of the indoor and outdoor units you would spray seem to be alloy or copper coated with alloy, so Formicary corrosion shouldn't be an issue.

Just from first hand experience. Pretty much all coils are coated with alloy. There will always be gaps as well.

If it was safer to use and is so much cheaper, all fridge companies would be using it as they save a fortune.

It’s the same as using fairly liquid when looking for leaks or cleaning, the salt in it with capillary action pulls into nuts and valves etc that freeze up and burst/causing leaks. Best to just use leak spray.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting quotes now during the quiet period, though I'm struggling to get responses. I've emailed maybe 10 firms and had one response, which then didn't follow up my request for a quote.

I did get a response from one of those sites that just gives you a quote based on your input. I assume they quite high.

5 rooms: 4 small upstairs and one medium downstairs.
Detached house
Some units on external walls, some on internal due to window placements etc.
Based on a Mitsubishi system made up of
3.5kw MXZ-5F102VF-E1
5x MITSI LN (4x 1.8kw, 1x 3.5kw)

Came in at £12,200. Does that sound way off?

Associate
I'm getting quotes now during the quiet period, though I'm struggling to get responses. I've emailed maybe 10 firms and had one response, which then didn't follow up my request for a quote.

I did get a response from one of those sites that just gives you a quote based on your input. I assume they quite high.

Detached house
3.5kw MXZ-5F102VF-E1

Can only go off my price which was around £3400 for three rooms, Panasonic units fitted on non outside walls.

Associate
Detached house
3.5kw MXZ-5F102VF-E1

5 x split systems for £12,200 supplied and fitted?

I run my own aircon company and that seems abit high to be fair

Could you get the model numbers of the units they are proposing to install? I can put a price together for you to see

Cheers

Associate
That’s the stuff I use. That’s not for the filters though, that’s for the indoor coil.

Says on it leave it for 15 minutes. Then rinse.

For the filters youre wanting to use easy fresh - https://www.greenmillac.com/Products/Cleaners-Servicing-Materials/Easy-Fresh-400ml.html

or OdourGuard https://www.greenmillac.com/Products/Cleaners-Servicing-Materials/1ltr-RTU-OdourGuard.html

If the coil is pretty smelly you’ll want to use this stuff - https://www.greenmillac.com/Products/Cleaners-Servicing-Materials/Easy-care-600ml.html

Basically one can will do 2 FCU, as its in the can it can blast between the fins and pull the dirt out.

You get heavier duty cleaners for outdoor units.
These are what we use! They work well

Soldato
5 x split systems for £12,200 supplied and fitted?

I run my own aircon company and that seems abit high to be fair

Could you get the model numbers of the units they are proposing to install? I can put a price together for you to see

Cheers

Yo. Here's he price breakdown they supplied:

Price Breakdown:

£ 4,511.25 Installation
£ 2,202.00 Install Materials
£ 2,455.56 4x MITSI LN 1.8kw & 1x 3.5kw Indoor Units
£ 3,083.70 MXZ-5F102VF-E1 Outdoor Unit

Want a job near Macclesfield? :D

Associate
Yo. Here's he price breakdown they supplied:

Price Breakdown:

£ 4,511.25 Installation
£ 2,202.00 Install Materials
£ 2,455.56 4x MITSI LN 1.8kw & 1x 3.5kw Indoor Units
£ 3,083.70 MXZ-5F102VF-E1 Outdoor Unit

Want a job near Macclesfield? :D

I’ll see what price I can get to with it mate, save you some money and would happily travel for any work

I’ll quote like for like

Soldato
Is £1,500/unit still a very rough rule of thumb for installs or are things a bit higher these days? Just looking at how I may finance a 2 or 3 unit install in our house this year - I can't bear the thought of how hot things get in summer!

EDIT: I'm just outside Liverpool if that affects any expectation of price.

Last edited:
Associate

Detached house
3.5kw MXZ-5F102VF-E1

Hi mate, I'm having the same done in my 3 storey side extension.

5 Rooms:
2x medium sized ground floor - 2x Fujitsu wall mounted ASYG09KMCE (2.5kW).
1x large (48SqM) first floor - 1x Fujitsu wall mounted unit ASGY24KMTE (7kW)
1x medium second floor - Fujitsu wall mounted ASYG14KMCE (4kW)
1x medium second floor - Fujitsu wall mounted ASYG12KMCE (3.5kW)

All units except first floor unit will be connected to a single condensing unit AOYG36KBTA5 (9.5kW)
First floor unit connected to a single condensing unit AOYG24KMTA (7.1kw).

Total cost for supply and installation £8250. This is in London as well.

I think you're getting ripped off because most of my units are bigger than yours. I had the same issue with contacting 6-7 companies, and only getting 3 responses and then 2 quotes. But the quotes were £8.25k and £9.5k so not too far off.

Back
Top Bottom