Split Air con

Associate
So i've got a quote for air-con and looking to get more, the first quote i've got seems.... reasonable?

Unit locationUnit typeDuty (Kw)
OfficeWall mounted1.5
Master bedroomWall mounted2.0
Spare roomWall mounted1.5
Garden low level3 port multi4.0
Bedroom ThreeWall mounted1.5
Bedroom TwoWall mounted1.5
LoungeFloor/low mounted2.5
Side access above head height3 port multi4.0

Quote is £7,423 or £8k including the electrical work with the use of Daikin inverters and wall mounted systems

Need to find out what exactly the units are i guess and look into them. THoughts on the above though?

Soldato
I've been thinking again I should perhaps get these fitted. Is there a national company I should be getting a quote from or should I just be looking locally?

Did I read in this thread, a type that worked with the central heating? (I live in a flat, so externally mounted units could be awkward)

Soldato
I've been thinking again I should perhaps get these fitted. Is there a national company I should be getting a quote from or should I just be looking locally?

Did I read in this thread, a type that worked with the central heating? (I live in a flat, so externally mounted units could be awkward)

Is this for indoor cycling in the summer? I've been thinking about it too, combined with octopus tracker in order to stay consistent with my training. Really the question is, do I cover just the bedroom where my indoor trainer is or add on the office and lounge? All can be on the same outdoor unit and are easily accessible for pipe work.

Soldato
No not really. Hopefully I'll be outdoors in the summer! :cool:

Ah, the combination of best time for my mid week cycling being at the worst time for travelling means there are too many missed days and I lose fitness. It's a very extravagant purchase just for that when I otherwise don't mind the heat too much.

To answer the original question, I'd find a decent local installer. I see it as the same as plumbing, find a good local guy.

Soldato
I have a quote for £4,200 which is three interior units and two exterior. Seems very good to me. (I received an email quote from someone else giving a ballpark £7,500! Should I be worried one is so much lower?) **EDIT** Seeing the quote above, I think 8 rooms ( :eek: ) for £8k, looks like £4.2 is fine.

I was expecting around £1,500 per room, so it seems about right?

I'm told they will connect in and be operable by Google Assistant and I think work with my Nest. In the summer, will it literally just come on to try and match my setting in my Nest?

Also, I have a 1st Gen Nest, will this be okay? I guess in the US Air Con has been around for years, so even a 1st gen would work with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are air con installs now VAT free?

"Included in the 2022 Spring Statement, Rishi Sunak, Chancellor of the Exchequer, announced that from April 1st, 2022, 0% VAT would be introduced to the installation of air conditioning units & air source heat pumps"

Soldato
I have a quote for £4,200 which is three interior units and two exterior. Seems very good to me. (I received an email quote from someone else giving a ballpark £7,500! Should I be worried one is so much lower?) **EDIT** Seeing the quote above, I think 8 rooms ( :eek: ) for £8k, looks like £4.2 is fine.

I was expecting around £1,500 per room, so it seems about right?

I'm told they will connect in and be operable by Google Assistant and I think work with my Nest. In the summer, will it literally just come on to try and match my setting in my Nest?

Also, I have a 1st Gen Nest, will this be okay? I guess in the US Air Con has been around for years, so even a 1st gen would work with it.
3 indoor units should run fine off a single outdoor unit if appropriately sized.

Not got mine connected to nest but unless you have it in one of the rooms which will be cooled wouldn't be worth it anyway. I've got mitsubishi electric stuff and it's got its own app,can just set and forget or turn on and off accordingly.

Soldato
Not got mine connected to nest but unless you have it in one of the rooms which will be cooled wouldn't be worth it anyway.
Yeah, I guess that's a good point.
3 indoor units should run fine off a single outdoor unit if appropriately sized.
Yeah, he said he could do that, but it might take more electric work due to the power needed, or something like that.
Are air con installs now VAT free?
Yes.

Associate
So i've got a quote for air-con and looking to get more, the first quote i've got seems.... reasonable?

Unit locationUnit typeDuty (Kw)
OfficeWall mounted1.5
Master bedroomWall mounted2.0
Spare roomWall mounted1.5
Garden low level3 port multi4.0
Bedroom ThreeWall mounted1.5
Bedroom TwoWall mounted1.5
LoungeFloor/low mounted2.5
Side access above head height3 port multi4.0

Quote is £7,423 or £8k including the electrical work with the use of Daikin inverters and wall mounted systems

Need to find out what exactly the units are i guess and look into them. THoughts on the above though?

Who's this with? I've just been quoted £6100 for a 4 room multi split so yours seems good value.

Associate
Here's my quote, was hoping it was going to be closer to £1k per room rather than £1.5k.

JGBw5le.png

Last edited:
Soldato
@NeilMick there's no way anyone can read that I'm afraid.

I was worried when the guy converted the kW to BTU, but it looks like it's a reasonable amount of cooling power for a flat in my quote compared to you guys?

vpCAvGq.png

This was £4,200, but looks like a bit more tracking will be needed than he knew and we're moving to a one outdoor unit. I'm awaiting the final quote, but after an actual visit today he said it might be a bit closer to £5k.

Last edited:
Associate
@NeilMick there's no way anyone can read that I'm afraid.

I was worried when the guy converted the kW to BTU, but it looks like it's a reasonable amount of cooling power for a flat in my quote compared to you guys?

vpCAvGq.png

This was £4,200, but looks like a bit more tracking will be needed than he knew and we're moving to a one outdoor unit. I'm awaiting the final quote, but after an actual visit today he said it might be a bit closer to £5k.

Hopefully fixed my image! Maybe I should get a quote for Fujitsu rather than MHI to see if I can save anything.

Soldato
Does anyone know how the Fujitsu compare to Daikin Perfera? I think I've been told the Daikin are better, which is interesting, as the guys with those are actually cheaper than the guys with the Fujitsu.

RJC

RJC

Don
Does anyone know how the Fujitsu compare to Daikin Perfera? I think I've been told the Daikin are better, which is interesting, as the guys with those are actually cheaper than the guys with the Fujitsu.

They are all pretty much have pro's and cons, My installer proffered Panasonic now gone over Haier.

I much prefer my Panasonic to my Haier units.

My company did splits which were pretty rubbish!!

Back
Top Bottom