Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Soldato
I’m sure the devs took note of the complaints about all the wall running in the first game and fixed it by adding more wall running.

It’s ok so far nowhere near what the mainstream reviewers are giving it though. Coming from Horizon burning shores this feels so janky and unfinished.

I really hate the way games are released in these states with patches promised to fix the issues that were obviously well known about before release. Pre-ordering should be banned in my opinion and devs forced to release a finished quality product.

Caporegime
What’s best is how you’ve got big wigs at EA bragging about how quickly they developed what feels like an unfinished mess….

I knew I was in for some fun when the Respawn and EA logos stuttered into view during the game loading :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Works fine for me on ps5.

Only issue I had is with some climbing and free running and not being able to do the timings and stuff.
Is the timing due to the performance issues though?

The parrying system in the original was pretty garbage. Sekiro is the gold standard there.

Associate
What’s best is how you’ve got big wigs at EA bragging about how quickly they developed what feels like an unfinished mess….

I knew I was in for some fun when the Respawn and EA logos stuttered into view during the game loading :p
Yeah, this looks like an unoptimised mess, especially on PC. Sounds like the core game & content is fine, but needs some serious patching before being enjoyable to play. Bragging about how quickly the game took to develop was an insta red flag for me ... I didn't pre-order this game and I'm glad I didn't. I'll have a think about picking it up in the Christmas sales when it should be in a better state, and for half the price.

Soldato
Turning off VRR on Series X helps a little. It stops a lot of the flashing and flickering and some stuttering. It seems VRR is another thing broken with this game.

Soldato
I’m sure the devs took note of the complaints about all the wall running in the first game and fixed it by adding more wall running.

It’s ok so far nowhere near what the mainstream reviewers are giving it though. Coming from Horizon burning shores this feels so janky and unfinished.

I really hate the way games are released in these states with patches promised to fix the issues that were obviously well known about before release. Pre-ordering should be banned in my opinion and devs forced to release a finished quality product.

Coincidentally I just finished HFW Burning shores and hated the janky combat so much that I turned the difficulty down to story. Jumping around inside that Horus was one of the most frustrating gaming experiences I have ever had.

By contrast now playing the PC version of Jedi Survivor using a joypad and loving the fact I can block or parry and don’t spend 90% of all fights stun locked. Even using the special moves is so much more fluid without the convoluted combos. It’s a refreshing change from the horrendously poor combat in HFW. Loved the story though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Turning off VRR on Series X helps a little. It stops a lot of the flashing and flickering and some stuttering. It seems VRR is another thing broken with this game.

Does the game support vrr?

I think there is a new update soon for Xbox that enables vrr for only games that support a variable refresh rate. That will be quite handy as it may reduce the flickering in dark scenes caused by vrr.

Last edited:
Soldato
Coincidentally I just finished HFW Burning shores and hated the janky combat so much that I turned the difficulty down to story. Jumping around inside that Horus was one of the most frustrating gaming experiences I have ever had.

By contrast now playing the PC version of Jedi Survivor using a joypad and loving the fact I can block or parry and don’t spend 90% of all fights stun locked. Even using the special moves is so much more fluid without the convoluted combos. It’s a refreshing change from the horrendously poor combat in HFW. Loved the story though.

Yeah combat was frustrating especially when busy but the game felt far more polished than Survivor. The graphics and oversll running are Miles better in Burning Shores.

Last edited:
Soldato
No idea just turning it off in the Xbox settings seems to have fixed the screen flashing and other odd effects. It still runs like turd though but a slightly better turd…

Well if it doesn’t, the setting “vrr only for games that support it” will be a nice edition when it comes.
Save having to manually disable it in some cases.

Caporegime
I'm still playing the first one and tbh it's a poor mans assassins creed. Combat is nowhere near as free flowing as AC but it's a reasonable game. Could have been so much better if you could fast travel between mediation points of you could set waypoints and guide you to where you want to go once unlocked or previously visited. Lost count of the number of times I've come back a few days later and gotten completely lost. Some parts are incredibly frustrating just to make it back to the ship.

If the 2nd game follows that same format I can wait a year or so before I even bother doing this again.

Back
Top Bottom