Tag Mclaren.

Soldato
OP
So sound solution still to be done it is almost there. I thought I was going to have to redo the ATX connector to shorten it but it seems it was the perfect length.

2nEMLSm.png

Set it up.

mAR2iha.png

ovlslWf.png

One very quick installation later.

English DVD (Region 2?)

eRtaS8o.png

US DVD (Region 1)

PAjXHP4.png

Oooo really?

JYrzx7z.png

*grin*

23s3gjB.png

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately there was a pretty big issue. I could not get the weather to work, and the add ons were all failing.

It seems that the USB NIC is not working properly. It shows, you can sign in etc but nothing actually comes in or out of it. Thankfully I did have a back up plan.

RXJKxTr.png

It's not pretty, but it works.

Soldato
OP
I knew there was a reason why I wanted an Intel wifi card. I knew that USB was going to be suss.

Oh well, at least the fix was completely free.

Something very strange happened today. I was digging through old CDs I bought home from the USA with me. I came across one mixed by Tall Paul. I then remembered where it came from.... My brother bought a CD set in the late 90s, and when I moved to the USA he gave me his old car radio/CD for my car out there. In it was this CD. I have not heard it since 2001. So I ripped it, got it thumping away now.

Associate
Sorry to be a pain and I know you have lots to do but could you look on the bay for item 155644149133
I think its what I need but the word type in the description concerns me. The description says Furutech type UK plug and Carbon-Fibre IEC connector
What ever help and advice you can give will be great. Thanks

Soldato
OP
They look fine, but there are only three sets for sale. If that is enough? you're good.

Remember the plugs won't do much. They will just be very solid and look very nice. The shielded power cable will definitely add, though.

Associate
They look fine, but there are only three sets for sale. If that is enough? you're good.

Remember the plugs won't do much. They will just be very solid and look very nice. The shielded power cable will definitely add, though.
Thank you for the advice
Would you say it's a good idea to go with what I have linked or go with a MK plug with a better plug for the equipment.
As for quality, I only need 3

Also apologies for derailing your thread

Soldato
OP
Thank you for the advice
Would you say it's a good idea to go with what I have linked or go with a MK plug with a better plug for the equipment.
As for quality, I only need 3

Also apologies for derailing your thread

Don't worry about that. I'm not a precious person, live and let live and all. I would go with the sets then. My plugs were like £3 each, as I wanted clear ones. But yeah, like I said so long as they are nice and solid it won't matter.

OK forgot to say. The board does not support PCIE booting. So the Optane was out, sadly. That is why it isn't in there. Which is probably for the best, given I needed the slot for the WIFI card. So earlier I designed this.

m9lCBaY.png

And had the machine machine it for me.

zQBcw2s.png

Soldato
OP
Great job. I have to say builds like this are far more interesting. 10/10 :cool:

Yeah it's funny but certain parts of this have been incredibly fun. Mostly the upcycling part of it. I've never been into that, but I can see why people do it now. Every part you save from the bin and reuse brings some pretty decent satisfaction.

Soldato
OP
Sorry, distracted and didn't get notified of updates.
Starting to look really coherent. Nice work!

Thanks dude.

I don’t normally get the time to obsess over like, every wire. I have like a sanity limit on projects.

It’s pretty much all done now thankfully. Checked the tracking on the soundy bits and they’re all very much on their way.

I won’t have it fully finished for a couple of weeks as I am leaving on Tuesday, but that’s OK because I need to bring over one of the many enormous Tag boxes I’ve stashed in my walk in closet. I can then pack it to transport it home properly and safely.

Will set it up again over the weekend and basically rip all of the CDs here so I don’t have to lug them all home.

Back
Top Bottom