Tap. Pay. UK. - Android Pay in the UK

Associate
Just to let you know i had a galaxsy s6 and have a non wireless lloyds bank card the basic one but i managed to use it as tap and pay like a wireless card with EE. You need to get a new sim from them and then download their cash on tap app it works flawlessly just tap your s6 even on lock screen and you paid and works with any bank card !!! ( you keep your old number it just changes over to your new sim which is nfc enabled !! its now in my Lumia 640 xl

Soldato
Just to let you know i had a galaxsy s6 and have a non wireless lloyds bank card the basic one but i managed to use it as tap and pay like a wireless card with EE.

This is NFC carrier SIM which (IMO) is likely to die out as time passes due to the reliance on carrier integration (I think Voda and EE gave it a shot in the end as Voda wallet and EE tap wallet?). It's an OK product but came with some fairly large flaws and the carrier bit is just not really needed for a good service (and some of them have really stupid charges like a charge for non-use).

RBS have possibly the worst IT department in all of banking considering their past so I can't say I'm surprised by their lack of commitment here but you never know, the might turn it around before launch (which could be miles away tbh)>

Associate
I hate having a wallet so this would be quite nice. I'd be tempted to unroot for a bit and try it out. (I had an update last night for a samsung beaming service on my samsung s5 (coincidence??) which wanted to use vodafone wallet, and again, errored 'cus of root)
As far as I'm aware this a method of using Android Pay whilst still having root enabled, just look on some of the dev forums as I'm sure I've seen it recently. However Samsung Pay doesn't work rooted/unrooted if you have tripped Knox :(

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this (Although it's not out yet) as it's been too long, the rest of the world seems to be using Android Pay already so it's about time we got it here in the UK :)

Soldato
I had an iPhone when they launched Apple Pay last year, used it maybe 5 times then the novelty wore off once I found using a card was easier. Once everywhere takes contactless payment then it will be a must have feature for a device/OS/bank but we're not there yet.

Soldato
I've tried adding my Barclays card (Google already had all the details) but not surprisingly it said it wasn't supported.

I then tried adding my John Lewis Partnership Mastercard and it said that wasn't supported too. :(

Associate
Associate
I've been using my phone with Barclaycard since I got it through the Tap and Pay settings.

Is this so other bank cards can be added?

Associate
HSBC not supporting Note 4 !

They appear to have support for Note 2 etc and many other variants but not the Note 4?

Can anyone think of a reason why this might be?

Back
Top Bottom