Tap. Pay. UK. - Android Pay in the UK

Don
Possibly a noob question but can I use Android Pay wherever they support NFC contactless cards? Or do they specifically have to support Android Pay?

Should with with anywhere you see NFC contactless logo.

Anyone use it when you've got multiple cards? Does it ask you which card to use, or does it just pick the default one?

Associate
Mine says to phone, is it just the automated press 1 if this was you or 2 to refuse, or do you need to actually talk to someone.

Added my Halifax, there is an automated system where you enter accn number/ sort, etc etc, then I had to speak to someone for a minute to confirm card number and that was it.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I don't get why banks don't just go with android pay and be done with it. why go it alone? It's just going to cause annoyance and reduce up take. Contactless card payments is far less secure than contactless phone payments so you'd think they'd prefer everyone to use this.

It's Barclays and Apple Pay all over again. Pathetic bank.

Associate
I give in, Keeps asking for verification code but It's not sending me any codes. It's now asking me to use an alternative method of which there is none.

I'll wait for Samsung Pay.

Last edited:
Associate
Works fine with custom kernel and root, the thing that stops it is changing the dpi :(

The default dpi of 560 on my nexus 6 just looks awful, I'd rather go without android pay tbh if I can't keep my custom dpi.

Soldato
Anyone use it when you've got multiple cards? Does it ask you which card to use, or does it just pick the default one?
I'd be interested to know this too.

Also, do you have to unlock your phone to use it? Seems a bit pointless if you do - it's not like you have to put a PIN in for card contactless payments.

EDIT: Setup my Virgin Atlantic visa with no problems. Shame my Amex doesn't work but hey.

Soldato
I'd be interested to know this too.

Also, do you have to unlock your phone to use it? Seems a bit pointless if you do - it's not like you have to put a PIN in for card contactless payments.

EDIT: Setup my Virgin Atlantic visa with no problems. Shame my Amex doesn't work but hey.

Yeah, you have to unlock it.

Back
Top Bottom