Tap. Pay. UK. - Android Pay in the UK

Associate
No Barclays or Santander or Tesco bank. Shame

Barclays probably won't be adding support any time soon as they want you to use their app to do it instead. :mad:

I scaled my dpi back to default to install the app, condensed it again after, and the app still runs. Haven't tried using it yet though.

I believe it only runs the check when adding a card or making a payment, so it's possible to have it look like it's working only to then refuse payment. Though if you're condensing it then it sounds like you're on a samsung? Could be the difference as stock android doesn't have any options to change dpi without resorting to the terminal/adb. That's changing with android N though.

Last edited:
Associate
I believe it only runs the check when adding a card or making a payment, so it's possible to have it look like it's working only to then refuse payment. Though if you're condensing it then it sounds like you're on a samsung? Could be the difference as stock android doesn't have any options to change dpi without resorting to the terminal/adb. That's changing with android N though.

Yup, sorry, S7 Edge. I might try adding another card to see what happens.

Soldato
There is no text option for me, just email.

I asked it to resend the email about 3 hours ago and nothing has been received.

I'm guessing this is down to your bank rather than google as my confirmation code came from my bank, maybe they have issues, my text took about 30 seconds (not that it helps)

Associate
Had a tweet back from Barclays UK saying they will release their contactless add on for the main Barclays app in June. Obviously at present the Barclaycard app has it, but the main app will support both cards.

So not the end of the world, at least there's mobile payments via one of the apps.

Will the phone need t be unlocked to use it? Don't really want to have to unlock the phone & go into the app, just as well off using the card if it's the case

Soldato
Will be interesting to see the numbers on this after a year of uptime. Not sure if I want to use this or not :/

Do you need to look out for vendors who offer it as a payment method, or is it just where ever their is contactless, you are good to go?

Edit: No Barclay Card :( That means I don't get any cash back as I would have to use my Lloyds debit card all the time.

Soldato
How do you add your match & more card?

Click the plus button to add a card, then select 'add a loyalty programme', start typing Morrisons, and select it from the drop down.

(I don't actually have a Morrisons card but this is how I added other loyalty cards and assume the one that comes up for Morrisons is correct).

Soldato
you sure? seems nuts to me. i can't have contactless payments without a lock screen, but i can make a contactless payment without unlocking my phone.

When I read the Google help section on the app it says to make a payment you must "wake up and unlock the phone", so seemed to suggest you have to unlock it, but on my banks website it says:

"To make a payment under £30 you only need to wake your screen. But before you make any payment over £30 you have to unlock your phone or tablet"

Makes sense to me, for a small payment just unlock, but for a larger payment extra security.

Soldato
Click the plus button to add a card, then select 'add a loyalty programme', start typing Morrisons, and select it from the drop down.

(I don't actually have a Morrisons card but this is how I added other loyalty cards and assume the one that comes up for Morrisons is correct).

Done, thanks man :)

Soldato
It's a bit sad that Natwest not being on this at launch is enough to make me jump ship from them for First Direct. Well that and the customer service and sign up bonus.

Back
Top Bottom