The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Just finished the last season of Yu Yu Hakusho :(

What an amazing anime, shame the last season was shorter than the rest. I watched it maybe 10 years ago but wow didn't expect it to enjoy it that much. Don't be fooled by the old school animation. And the English dub is really good.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Just finished the last season of Yu Yu Hakusho :(

What an amazing anime, shame the last season was shorter than the rest. I watched it maybe 10 years ago but wow didn't expect it to enjoy it that much. Don't be fooled by the old school animation. And the English dub is really good.

One on my list to watch. Subbed for me.

Associate
On a slight different note, anyone a fan of Guyver the bio boosted armor?
No idea where to host images but I've pre-ordered the Max factory figma Guyver 1 15th anniversary edition last year and it arrived yesterday.
Anyone else in here a fan and may have pre-ordered this? :)
The box art is 10/10

Soldato
Just catching up a bit with this thread!

Top picks for me this season in no particular order if anyone was wondering what to watch. I won't mention Solo Levelling as it's already been mentioned.
  • Dungeon Meshi (Delicious in Dungeon) - I don't usually care for food based anime, but Trigger are making this and the care/detail they put into everything is really good. If you like Trigger productions this is a really good watch.
  • Weakest Tamer - This is really good quality, it follows the story of a girl who has to run away from her village because the other villagers want to kill her (sort of a witch hunt thing). She finds a slime and then goes on an adventure of sorts with it. The production quality of this is really high.
  • Wrong Way to use Healing Magic - This is a lot of fun if you like isekai this is one of the better ones this season for sure.
  • 7th Time Loop - This is a villainess anime but the story seems interesting and not just due to the time loop, I'm trying to get a read on what is going on but it's game of thrones levels of things happening in the background.
Frieren and Apothecary Diaries are continuing and are both well worth your time as well if anyone has skipped them.

Ep 4 Solo Levelling was exciting! Although I am a little nervous how quickly he is levelling up, don't want to be super OP too quickly.

This is a pure power fantasy series, I've read ahead of here in the manwha, but I agree it's good, A-1 have done a great job so far with the adaptation, even when I know what's going to happen the production is high quality.

Started watching Undead girl Murder Farce last night, very Sherlock esq with how she's solving the cases so far.

I really liked this one, the banter between the characters made it really good and I enjoyed the setting.

Have you watched Moriarty the Patriot?

This was also a cool show, anyone who likes mystery as a genre should try it.

Also quite liked:

Hyouka - Everyday mysteries animated wonderfully by KyoAni. No murdering going on here.
Beheading Cycle - This was different and I could see it being a little marmite, but if you like the way SHAFT animate stuff could be worth a try. The grand architecture feels very Monogatari.

Anyone been watching undead unluck.once it got going pretty good and funny.

It's good but it's not my fav show airing.

I watched Mugen Train as a movie at the cinema before going into the Entertainment District Arc when it was released. But this past week I’ve been rewatching it from the start and I noticed the 1st episode of the Mugen Train Arc is completely new to me…no wonder it’s 7 episodes (23mins per episodes will take it over 2hrs, yet the movie is 1hr57 inc credits), even allowing for recap and intro song.

I'm watching Demon Slayer from the beginning with a friend and we're about to go into the Mugen Train series, I'm interested to see how he finds it!

Associate
There is a Gundam announcement being made today from Alltheanime, I wonder if its the confirmation of the Gundam seed freedom movie getting a UK screening.
23/02/24:
It was Build fighters try part 1 blu ray announcement, good but damn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
There is a Gundam announcement being made today from Alltheanime, I wonder if its the confirmation of the Gundam seed freedom movie getting a UK screening.
23/02/24:
It was Build fighters try part 1 blu ray announcement, good but damn.

I hope UK gets a showing I will defo be going if it is.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Just back from the Cinema from watching the start of Demon Slayer Hashira Training Arc. It was ok but dragged out a little with lots of filler moments. It setup the season to be interesting particularly expanding the backgrounds of the Hashira's.

The Serpent Hashira reminds me of Orochimaru from Naruto.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom