Poll: ** The official 2022 Apple TV 4K thread (it has the A15 chip, HDR10+ and everything!) **

Are you going to buy the 2022 Apple TV with USB-C charging on the remote?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
The Apple TV is amazing, especially if you have an iPhone/iPad and AirPods, if you go to search something on the Apple TV (on YouTube as an example), you get a prompt to type it in on your phone rather than using the remote. You can also use your AirPods which in my situation is gold as I can watch movies and loud TV shows (even with the wife with her using hers) while our boy is asleep without the worry of making a load of noise and waking him.

Associate
Picked it up today and done basic setup. Night and day difference in UI responsiveness.

Im missing the whole iphone/watch integration as i have an android but ill just live with it. Priority today is no lags.

Soldato
Hello,

Thank you for contacting BBC iPlayer support.

I understand you have got in touch about why UHD content isn’t available on the Apple TV yet.

I checked this but I’m sorry I don’t have any updates to share. However, I have taken your comments about this and made them available to the Senior Management and the BBC iPlayer Product team. We constantly try to improve our services and hearing from our audience is a vital part of helping us do that, so thanks for getting in touch.

All the best,

Rebekah Erskine

BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds Support Team

Soldato
Hello,

Thank you for contacting BBC iPlayer support.

I understand you have got in touch about why UHD content isn’t available on the Apple TV yet.

I checked this but I’m sorry I don’t have any updates to share. However, I have taken your comments about this and made them available to the Senior Management and the BBC iPlayer Product team. We constantly try to improve our services and hearing from our audience is a vital part of helping us do that, so thanks for getting in touch.

All the best,

Rebekah Erskine

BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds Support Team
Hmm. That is a shame. Hopefully they improve it.

Associate
It looks like - note a lot of the stuff I’ve been reading is from 2021 and 22 hardly anything up to date as it looks like people have just given up - it’s 720p rather than 1080p.

Lot of discussion was around the World Cup that I was reading. Looks like everyone just used the native app on their tv to get the UHD. That’s what I done/do.

Frustrating as the two of them should be aiming to push it up to 4K.
Yep - I have a 4K Max Fire Stick for anything HLG HDR that I want to watch on iPlayer. It's the same with Spotify - while every other platform will get the new updated UI, the ATV will be stuck on a bog standard one without profile support.

THE ATV is a great device don't get me wrong but it's not without flaws.

Soldato
We really shouldn’t have to have two separate devices for a public broadcaster though, that’s the most annoying/frustrating thing for me.

Doesn’t look like it’ll get sorted any time soon, it’s times like these I wish someone who hack it. :D

Back
Top Bottom