Poll: *** The official 2022 MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro thread (it has the M2 chip, MagSafe and everything!) ***

What 2022 M2 notebook will you get?

• MacBook Air

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • 13" MacBook Pro

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I would like to see a larger Air. I know many people who would love a larger screen but don't need a stronger chip, Mini-LED, etc so a larger Air would be ideal for them. Lots of business/office customers would buy them.

Soldato
well..having my MBA for about 7-10 days now, I must say Im loving the experience on this, my only gripe is, ass much as I LOVE the Midnight colour, it does set my OCD off bigtime with fingerprints etc...

but I can live with that for sure!

Caporegime
well..having my MBA for about 7-10 days now, I must say Im loving the experience on this, my only gripe is, ass much as I LOVE the Midnight colour, it does set my OCD off bigtime with fingerprints etc...

but I can live with that for sure!

Common sense says I should really get a MBA but my nutjob brain really wants a Pro for the mini LED display.

Soldato
My M1 256GB SSD / 8GB RAM MBA is amazing. I was worried it would be underpowered, especially when it only came with 8GB of RAM, but honestly, it does everything I need.

exactly. I was a little concerned about the 8gb RAM, but for my use case, never had an issue. on anything tbh.

Caporegime
I've deliberated, cogitated and digested your thoughts.

Nah, can't do it. I've got a Pro phone, a Pro watch (Ultra) and I need the Pro Macbook to continue the theme. LMAO. But I will compromise and get the 14" 512GB SSD version instead of 16" 1TB. :p

Last edited:
Associate
I've deliberated, cogitated and digested your thoughts.

Nah, can't do it. I've got a Pro phone, a Pro watch (Ultra) and I need the Pro Macbook to continue the theme. LMAO. But I will compromise and get the 14" 512GB SSD version instead of 16" 1TB. :p
Having both, my personal Air and a works 16" Pro. The Pro's screen is lovely, especially with anything HDR related. Not saying the MBA screen is bad cos its good, but it has nothing on the Pros.

I'm lucky to have both to play (and work) with. What I will say against the Pro is boy its heavy beast.

Soldato
It’s lighter than the M1 Air. I think it’s the lightest non 11” Air for a looooooong time.

i know it wasnt received well, but I lovefd the overall features on the 12" Retina MB. Hope the bring something like it back..but I wouldnt hold my breath.

Commissario
OP
Completely agree, I loved the form factor of the 12” MB and I think they could easily put the lowest spec Mx CPU in one that size. It’d give good performance in a very compact package. The 12” MacBook was always ridiculously underpowered, I had the m7 version which got hot and then throttled.

Soldato
Yeah Feek, with a M chip in it , it really could be a winner. It was poor in performance. I know it was marmite, but I loved the keyboard too, haters gonna hate, but I really loved it.

Commissario
OP
With the recent launch of the M3 MacBook Air, the M2 is now included in the EPP discount thing, so if anyone gets that through their employer, it's worth a look. The base model M2 MBA is £939 now which is a very good price.

Soldato
It’s a shame they’re still selling it, and the new m3 version, with 8gb RAM and charging £200 to upgrade to 16Gb.

It’s a cracking laptop but IMO it should really come with 16Gb minimum in 2024.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom