Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 9 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

Are you getting an Apple Watch series 9 and or Ultra 2?

• Total voters
Commissario
what I was trying to say above was regarding the local Siri upgrades. I use timers/alarms/reminders (as in setting them via Siri) on my series 3 it’s a really bad experience. I say this but it may be better on subsequent series
Yes, that was a big reason for me as well. It was frustrating to walk downstairs, try and set a timer before the watch has realised it’s not near my phone and get the message about not being connected to the internet.

Commissario
Is it much better? How many days does the battery last?
Battery life is the big thing for me, I can get three days out of it but it's almost down into single figures by the end of the third day so I now charge it every other day. It's learned that I do that and so it limits the maximum charge to around 80% each time I put it on. If I know I'm going to be using it heavily, it's a simple job to tap the display and tell it to charge to 100%.

I like it. It has more of a presence on my wrist than the S7 but it doesn't feel excessively big. I've got a large wrist though and so it suits me. For the first time ever, I've switched away from using an analogue face and now have the Modular Ultra as my main face.

Commissario
The nice thing is that with some of the Siri functionality on the watch, it makes things easier. I bake and I use timers on my watch, it means that if I'm away from my phone and the watch hasn't realised it's supposed to connect to the WiFi, it still works for that kind of thing.

Associate
Even though I’ve got a Garmin Epix Pro, I’m really tempted to get an Ultra 2 to try for a few weeks. I loved my Series 4 but when I really got into running and indoor cycling I wanted something a bit more ‘serious’. Truth be told, I’m not an elite athlete and don’t need all the data I get from the Garmin, so thinking maybe going back to an AW and getting a proper smartwatch back might be good.

I think the only thing really holding me back is the proper flashlight on the Garmin. I use it all the time.

Associate
So I tried an Ultra 2 in order to scratch that curiosity itch.... yeah it's just not for me. Even though I don't have small wrists it's too big and I find it uncomfortable. The Alpine Loop is a bit of a faff, and the best I could do is use one of the straps from my Series 4 (pretty cool that they're all compatible - very un-Apple!) but it's still doesn't feel right. I also think I've gotten so used to 'the Garmin way' with buttons and super quick shortcuts to everything that it in some ways feels like a step back, even though it's a supremely more capable device as a smartwatch.

A better device for me probably would be the Series 9 - though I can't see many reasons why it's much better than my old Series 4 that I have, maybe besides on-chip Siri.

Back to the Garmin Epix Pro I go, but I'm glad I had a few good days to try the AWU2 out.

Back
Top Bottom