*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Yes the new map has grown on me I've been playing it a lot. As for flying, its easy, just difficult to kill anything

Just been playing a bit of Bad Company 2 before they shut the servers down on 8th December. Still 100 or so people playing

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes the new map has grown on me I've been playing it a lot. As for flying, its easy, just difficult to kill anything

Just been playing a bit of Bad Company 2 before they shut the servers down on 8th December. Still 100 or so people playing
I beg to differ, I usually die by the Red Baron about 3 seconds after I spawn. I then rage and switch to engineer only to see my rockets dink off the infinity flares they all have.

Associate

I’ve been on the portal map I think it is that’s just vehicles. Accidentally spawned in a chopper… it was not pretty.

Certainly not a bad gunner though!

Caporegime
Coming across cheaters every damn round now! One guy was aimbotting and watching people through walls as a MEDIC ( Chinese username ). In fact it got so bad I called him a cheating **** and left the round. Haven't played the game in two weeks and it's just worse

Last edited:
Associate
Coming across cheaters every damn round now! One guy was aimbotting and watching people through walls as a MEDIC ( Chinese username ). In fact it got so bad I called him a cheating **** and left the round. Haven't played the game in two weeks and it's just worse

Anytime I see a Chinese username (if they're on PC anyway) I instantly expect them to be cheats at this point, based on my experience in Apex Legends and COD.

Unfortunate but we're at the point, where lots of users can pay a premium to get away with it.

Makes the experience worse for crossplay users as well.

Associate
Is 2042 any good currently?

My yearly EA play sub is due to renew in a few days and I already own BF1 and V outright, which are the only games I'm likely to play, so considering cancelling it.

I had been planning to give 2042 a go at some point (played the beta and it was ok), but haven't got around to it since it went free on the basic plan.
£20 isn't a lot for the year, but I may as well cancel it if this game isn't worth playing and can always pick it up later in the year (or get a cheap key at some point)

Soldato
Is 2042 any good currently?

My yearly EA play sub is due to renew in a few days and I already own BF1 and V outright, which are the only games I'm likely to play, so considering cancelling it.

I had been planning to give 2042 a go at some point (played the beta and it was ok), but haven't got around to it since it went free on the basic plan.
£20 isn't a lot for the year, but I may as well cancel it if this game isn't worth playing and can always pick it up later in the year (or get a cheap key at some point)

I have a round a day for the daily exp reward, so far not ran into any cheaters and apart from the odd rush XL server having bit of ping, gameplay it's loads better than it was a release, you can pick it up for £8 or cheaper these days. I bought it a few month ago for £8 and used to use it more for testing my PC as it's one of a handful of games that actually gets the CPU working.

Associate
Cheers, I had a look on CDKEYS but it's currently £17-18, so for the difference it probably makes sense to go the EA Play route still at the moment, but might get rid for a bit and see if I can see a cheap key in the next few months. I barely find time to game at the moment anyway (feeling rather uninspired by most stuff!) and have a few on the go to pass the time.

Appreciate the feedback :)

Associate
Cheers, I had a look on CDKEYS but it's currently £17-18, so for the difference it probably makes sense to go the EA Play route still at the moment, but might get rid for a bit and see if I can see a cheap key in the next few months. I barely find time to game at the moment anyway (feeling rather uninspired by most stuff!) and have a few on the go to pass the time.

I think i paid a tenner for it on the EA app a month or two ago.

Soldato

i got a copy off ebay for £12 and cancelled my EA subscription as i realised this was the only game i play on from EA

Caporegime
Horrendous one frame kills tonight on multiple servers, hitreg was really bad as well.. Ping was around 20MS

Rage quit and left.. Will try tomorrow ( was fine last week )

Associate
I've never bought the battle pass but I'm almost at 70. If I buy the battle pass now does it go back and give me all the unlocks I've already passed? Including the currency you get for completing it?

Just trying to gauge if its worth it or if I should just wait for season 7 before buying.

Soldato
This game continues to make me happy. Honestly I konw the critiscism but it has sorted itself out massively. Had tremendous fun on the Christmas mode earlier playing as dozer on a rampage

Associate
I came up against this player '99Like_QAQ' in a server the other day, insanely good tanker. They were 50-0 on attack in a Rush XL server, just hanging back using shootdown sentinels for cover. Cheesy tactics sure I thought, then I checked out their stats: 1200+ hours playtime and 16.25 kpd :eek:

Soldato
I came up against this player '99Like_QAQ' in a server the other day, insanely good tanker. They were 50-0 on attack in a Rush XL server, just hanging back using shootdown sentinels for cover. Cheesy tactics sure I thought, then I checked out their stats: 1200+ hours playtime and 16.25 kpd :eek:

A shame compared to bf4 that you can barely even use one even if you want to.

Back
Top Bottom