***The Official Manly Shaving Thread***

Soldato
OP
I agree this was a good idea for a new thread. It turns out that I already have a Mercur 34c, I bought it a number of years ago but stopped using it when I ran out of blades and technique to stop me cutting myself open :D

I'm going to invest in a sample blade pack, badger brush and soap and give it another try I think.

I find with almost all blade types that I have to shave against the grain to get a close shave, so I eagerly await the guide on shaving :p

To be quite honest, it will be a bunch of youtube vids and a bit of narrative that can already be sought elsewhere. It will all be tried and tested technique by other forum members though, so hopefully you will find some successful results of your own!

Soldato
OP
Or, just get a mod to edit the OP in the original thread?

The point is, the OP of the original thread doesn't use the thread anymore. So there is a lot of info in that thread that is just lost and no one will really spend time reading through the entire thread to find it. That means beginners pop up with the same Qs everytime and very often they don't get an answer because members often CBA to repeat themselves all the time. With this thread I can continue the upkeep of the OP with all the good info from the knowledgable lot here so a beginner can come in and have the information to hand.

Come on, it isn't difficult, nor as INSANE as you're making it out to be :p

Soldato
I just think it's daft lol. Yes this ******** of ***official*** has been used, but it's not enough to warrant a new post where you, the author will have to update the OP everytime someone inputs some valid information. You have maxed out on 2 posts and have not reserved anymore.

I just don't see the logic, but I don't really use the thread at all apart from today, so I know zilch haha.

Soldato
As long as the thread offers something new, why not. you need to mention straight razors, shavettes and slant razors.

You go in to a little detaii on brushes (should read more thouroghly.) Soap bowels stands mirrors and other extras need to be mentioned.

If you indeed are going to create successful replacement thread it needs to be a very complete solution if you don't want to attract any flack for replacing an already very active discussion on the subject.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
As long as the thread offers something new, why not. you need to mention straight razors, shavettes and slant razors.

You go in to a little detaii on brushes (should read more thouroghly.) Soap bowels stands mirrors and other extras need to be mentioned.

If you indeed are going to create successful replacement thread it needs to be a very complete solution if you don't want to attract any flack for replacing an already very active discussion on the subject.

It will be a constant work in progress so much will be added to the OP. Thanks for your input.

Soldato
Same here Mach 3 for life.

Dad used them spent his life blotting blood, he taught me at age 15 to use a double edged, i spent the next 3 years blotting blood until i discovered Mach 3 or similar cartridge razors.

They are hideous things i never understood this forums fascination with DE razor blades and the overpriced mercur 32c "or whatever its called" handle.

I've used DE for about a month or so now and have yet to encounter any mass bleeding situations. I've nipped my self twice, but sorted it with an alum block.

It's all down to your teqnique, what blades you use and having a good lather, then you shouldn't have a problem. I actually look forward to shaving now, where as with my Fusion, I lamented it, as it cost me a fortune (Mach 3's used to give me a shaving rash).

Caporegime
I appreciate, like many things in life, some people think that having a "better" way of doing something tedious and tiresome is important to them but for me I can personally find nothing more mindbogglingly stupid to talk about that how to rub soap on my face with a horse hair brush and scrape a sharp bit of metal over it.

Im very happy for everyone in this 2nd thread that uses any kind of razor, be it electric, "expensive" quadruple headed or 19th century cut throat.

I bid you good day you cleanly shaven gentlemen and bonne chance.

yes this post is very ironic.

Back
Top Bottom