***The Official Manly Shaving Thread***

Associate
[FnG]magnolia;24662748 said:
I need some advice.

I dropped my Futur in the shower and the cap became detached from the base and the blade popped out. No problem, I thought, I'll just put it back together. This worked but now when I 'tighten' it the mark sits at 3 rather than at 1.

Thoughts on how to fix this or on whether it's important, i.e. if I normally shaved on 6 do I just add an additional three?

youtube some instructionals or reviews, the razor comes completely apart into pieces with the right twists here and there so you can sort your issue :) i cant remember off top of my head how though sorry

Caporegime
Nice one, sir. I'll get youtubing.

I've just watched your video posted a few posts above. Interesting stuff but a question: passes normally go in different directions to help reduce the growth, e.g. N > S, L > R, but you seemed to make similar passes each time. How does that work for you?

Associate
[FnG]magnolia;24662818 said:
Nice one, sir. I'll get youtubing.

I've just watched your video posted a few posts above. Interesting stuff but a question: passes normally go in different directions to help reduce the growth, e.g. N > S, L > R, but you seemed to make similar passes each time. How does that work for you?

it was my first video buddy so my technique was not all that great i was kind of concentrating on talking to the camera etc so it wasnt too dull and my hands wandered a bit too much at times. Ill put a new one up soon with a much better 3 pass standard shave. Ill probably use my muhle r41 open comb and maybe a feather blade. :)

Soldato
800 blades lol, good man. you should try the polsilver super iridiums ( not from best shave) too expensive but cheap on ebay, the best blades ive used. Those brushes arent bad for a couple of quid ive got a few of them. Do you rate the sharks? they are cheap on best shave

I didnt think much of Sharks, quite a rough blade to me.

I've got about 150 Polsilvers iridiums, i did a trade for some of the soaps i didnt rate, a nice smooth blade, i get 3-4 nice shaves from each, but at the price i'd just buy Astra's and use 2 blades for the same 4 smooth shaves.

These are the blades i've tried and what i like best Clicky

Associate
Soldato
Why on earth would you post here to just crap on a thread you have no intention of taking an interest in..all I can say is when puberty kicks in you wont be using a Kack3.

Anyways, really happy this has been started again, their was constant flux of the same starter basic question which though valid, meant pouring through pages to find an answer.

Excellent work there CP, will be referring it to lots of other when they ask me for a "starter" kit etc.

Soldato
Used my last Derby blade last night and must admit I was very disappointed with it, thought the worked well but this one was terrible and only 1 side of the blade seemed to 'cut', won't be buying anymore.

Soldato
I might start and try some of the other blades now that are not included in the Coaunnaghts ( erm..spelling).

Any recommendations, as well as the Feathers and 7 o'Clocks ( wasn't that impressed by the Feathers) still to try the 7 o'clocks.

Associate
Purchased a 34c and a sample pack along with a few other bits as I need to try this type of shaving and thought now is a good time as I just can't get along with any cartridge razor, never happy with the finish. Cost wasn't so bad as king of shaves sent me two razors and lots of free cartridges but the shave isn't close enough!

Think I've got the jist of it after watching a few video's, best razor to use first time? Anything but the feathers?

Back
Top Bottom