**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Man of Honour
Screen burn on a 3 week phone is impossible unless they sent you a refurb phone (assuming it was bought brand new?) - Samsung offers a doorstep repair service where they can change the screen etc whilst you wait in an hour or two. I would ask about that option since it's under warranty.

Associate
Screen burn on a 3 week phone is impossible unless they sent you a refurb phone (assuming it was bought brand new?) - Samsung offers a doorstep repair service where they can change the screen etc whilst you wait in an hour or two. I would ask about that option since it's under warranty.
Thanks for the help.
It appears to be new. It was from Samsung UK.
I'll ask them about that.

Here's a photo of the bottom part of the screen (the dark brown areas).
nFdUfIj.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
That looks like lockscreen being left on for a long time, I suspect the screen was refurbed from a display device at some point and got re manufactured perhaps!
Oh OK. That's not good news.

Just to confirm, doing a factory reset won't fix the problem as mentioned by Samsung?
To me it's a hardware problem, not software.

Soldato
Screen retention would have specific marks that matched whatever is displayed for a length of time, that image doesn't resemble anything I've seen on OLED TV's. So highly unlikely in 3 weeks and I'd say it was faulty. Could be finger pressure marks?

Last edited:
Associate
Screen retention would have specific marks that matched whatever is displayed for a length of time, that image doesn't resemble anything I've seen on OLED TV's. So highly unlikely in 3 weeks and I'd say it was faulty. Could be finger pressure marks?
Thank you for your help.
I've solved the mystery. The burn in marks were captured onto a screen protector I was using.
When I removed it, ready to send it away to be repair, the screen below was perfect.

I have been using a wireless charger, which has rubber "cushions" and the position of the seems to match the marks on the screen protector.
My guess is something on the phone got really hot when charging and left the marks on the screen protector.

The screen protector's surface was clean. It's just strange.

Soldato
Had a quick look and everything seems incredibly incremental for S24U, not that I was considering jumping to latest one anyway bar some weird misprice.

Soldato
Loving the astro mode on Expert RAW, anyone tried to see what kind of results you can get by hooking it up telescope/binoculars with an adapter?

Soldato
My official Samsung screen protector needs to be replaced.

What's the 'go-to' SP these days?

(I'm conscious the official SP comes in a pack of two but my wife put the spare one "somewhere safe" and we can't find it.

Back
Top Bottom