The XProto Project - AquaFusion, Vertical, Chrome, Industrial.

Soldato
OP
Monday morning which means time to get ordering.

Ordered the following today in preparation for the adaptation of the custom distro plates. Figured i'd grab myself a couple of offset fittings just in case but i don't think i'll need them. 3D printed mounting brackets should be here shortly as well, last minute decision to stick with 3D printed plastic rather than go for aluminium due to cost. If it doesn't work out then i'll go with the local shop to get them made in Aluminium. I'm in no rush to finish this but would like to get started this weekend at least :cry:.

Soldato
OP
Well hello there :)

So far my measurements have been on point! Not had chance to test the cpu/mobo side as i had to rush back to work. Quality of the finish is freaking fantastic! Can't wait to get building.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Oh, it was Alex who did these for you. I saw his reel couple days ago, and thought "those are very similar to something Alex has done" read this thread.

The guy is something else.

Yeah its Alex, not known him long but use to watch his bit tech videos back in the day and had no idea it was him i was talking to on Discord lol.

His work is remarkable, im genuinely impressed by it and the turn around was quick too.

Soldato
Praetex Design and Maki Role are both Alex. The guy is a wizard.

I need to send him some stuff myself actually, but his minimum money he's already quoted for milling alone is money I shouldn't really spend. But a custom Quadro P400 block and pump/res/distro for a watercooled In Win Chopin really needs to be done. I'm sick of staring at it all in Fusion 360, especially when I have half the case mods already in progress.

Soldato
OP
Praetex Design and Maki Role are both Alex. The guy is a wizard.

I need to send him some stuff myself actually, but his minimum money he's already quoted for milling alone is money I shouldn't really spend. But a custom Quadro P400 block and pump/res/distro for a watercooled In Win Chopin really needs to be done. I'm sick of staring at it all in Fusion 360, especially when I have half the case mods already in progress.

Yeah at the time i didn't know that until i spoke to the CAD design Arya from Aqua Customs who told me who Maki is :cry:. I was like oooohh i use to watch the bit tech videos with him in it!

How long have you sat on that idea for? It sounds really good, time to get cracking and put up a project thread i think :p.

Soldato
How long have you sat on that idea for? It sounds really good, time to get cracking and put up a project thread i think :p.
It's been modelled in Fusion 360 for about 3 years, I've had some aluminium parts already cut, I have all the components except 13/10 EDPM tubing, I have a massive sheet of 0.5mm steel just rotting away in my ridiculously damp house.

I've just been far too ill and broke for many years to get anything done. Asteria II is in her 7th year now :( but if I can get the electricals of my over-engineered cardboard box spray booth done, I should be able to wrap her up by the end of the year. And then I can properly commit to Ortux and get a build log going.

Selling this damn Threadripper I have laying around doing nothing might help fund some things...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's been modelled in Fusion 360 for about 3 years, I've had some aluminium parts already cut, I have all the components except 13/10 EDPM tubing, I have a massive sheet of 0.5mm steel just rotting away in my ridiculously damp house.

I've just been far too ill and broke for many years to get anything done. Asteria II is in her 7th year now :( but if I can get the electricals of my over-engineered cardboard box spray booth done, I should be able to wrap her up by the end of the year. And then I can properly commit to Ortux and get a build log going.

Selling this damn Threadripper I have laying around doing nothing might help fund some things...

Flipping heck 7 years!? I would have lost the will after a year let alone 7 lol :cry:, you mad man!

How much tubing do you need? I might actually have some laying around in quite some length if you want it for free? Might get you motivated to finish this :cry:.

Soldato
Finish? More like properly start :p

Not entirely sure how much tubing I'd need as I'm doing external radiator housing and I don't want it to be too far away from the main case (radiator housing may also have the main power jack) but that in turn depends on how tight a radius it will hold at rest.

But if you have any going spare I'd happily accept your gracious offer.

Flipping heck 7 years!? I would have lost the will after a year let alone 7 lol :cry:, you mad man!
She gets about 2 hours attention every 10 months these days. Last build log entry is over 2 years ago now, although there has been some things done since.

Soldato
OP
Finish? More like properly start :p

Not entirely sure how much tubing I'd need as I'm doing external radiator housing and I don't want it to be too far away from the main case (radiator housing may also have the main power jack) but that in turn depends on how tight a radius it will hold at rest.

But if you have any going spare I'd happily accept your gracious offer.

She gets about 2 hours attention every 10 months these days. Last build log entry is over 2 years ago now, although there has been some things done since.

Absolutely, let me have a dig through the garage this weekend and see if i can find any. I'm sure i have a roll of it somewhere buried from a few years ago inside one of my storage boxes.

Soldato
OP
Grabbed myself a P5 Plus 2TB drive on BF sale to update my aging P2 1TB drive. Though it has bad reviews... it's been reliable in my ownership for the past 3 or so years.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
First test fit of the brackets together with the distros and the fittings in.

Slight misjudgement on the width of the gap between the 2 distro’s, its too wide so im getting it reprinted again but this time with a 24mm gap instead. My original brackets didn't turn up, no idea what Royal mail did with them!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The completed build pics look insane, love the green/purple colour scheme!

Thanks, not quite finished yet. Still waiting for this tubing to arrive so i can finally start the rebuild process. Will probably hit some snags along the way but ive been measuring and remeasuring for a few days so fingers crossed my measurements are on point lol.

Back
Top Bottom