Three body Problem (2024)

Associate
Honestly.... I had never heard of the books or the other series. Binged the 8 episodes over the last few days, thought it was "ok". I kinda felt like they could have gone a bit deeper into some of the science, character Dev, life and culture on the Judgement Day etc

The trend of 8 episodes nowadays does feel a bit short and rushed sometimes (a bit like the trend of having 24 episodes a decade ago felt too dragged out).

As sci-fi series goes over the last few years, Silo still seems to be the one to beat.

Caporegime
Loved this. Will watch the chinese version to get more background now..

Thought they did a good job but agree with others, would have been better as perhaps a 12 episode season in order to flesh things out more and build up more menacing drama?

Caporegime

All the chinese episodes are available for free, with English subs.

rp2000

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well that was really good.

Enjoyed that and left me wanting more. Feels like I have been spoilt for TV recently.

Caporegime
Loved that scene.

I did think it was a stupid idea though. They ran the risk of cutting the hard drive in two and losing everything.
in the book I think the guy asks if cutting a harddisk would break it.

but they are thinking platters in the book if I remember right.

in the series it seems more like an ssd, I can't remember if it were described in the book.

they purposely space the wires out to catch everyone btw, theres one point where they are worried people could be sleeping or something like that.

It's supposed to be silent and happen without them noticing to destroy the drive

Last edited:
Soldato
in the book I think the guy asks if cutting a harddisk would break it.

but they are thinking platters in the book if I remember right.

in the series it seems more like an ssd, I can't remember if it were described in the book.

they purposely space the wires out to catch everyone btw, theres one point where they are worried people could be sleeping or something like that.

It's supposed to be silent and happen without them noticing to destroy the drive
It was the biggest SSD I've ever seen at 100 peta bytes, I think it was supposed to be alien tech.

Caporegime
It was the biggest SSD I've ever seen at 100 peta bytes, I think it was supposed to be alien tech.
or just really good file compression
The only thing they sent to earth was 2 sophons

its like going back to 1980s and giving the diagram for a 13700k or something, no one would be able to build it anyway.

plot hole created by netflix I guess, same as the VR goggles

Last edited:
Caporegime
or just really good file compression
The only thing they sent to earth was 2 sophons

its like going back to 1980s and giving the diagram for a 13700k or something, no one would be able to build it anyway.

plot hole created by netflix I guess, same as the VR goggles

You say that but somebody is building those funky vr headsets. So the aliens must have shared some knowledge and enabled their followers to build tech far in advance of what we have on Earth.

Caporegime
You say that but somebody is building those funky vr headsets. So the aliens must have shared some knowledge and enabled their followers to build tech far in advance of what we have on Earth.
Yea the funky VR headsets arent in the book or tencent version, its a plot hole created by netflix.

16:34
They are supposed to be more like tech we could have or in the next 10-20 years

You can't just send knowledge of lithography machines to the 70s or whatever and have them build stuff way beyond them, they wouldn't even be able to make the tools needed

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yea the funky VR headsets arent in the book or tencent version, its a plot hole created by netflix.

16:34
They are supposed to be more like tech we could have or in the next 10-20 years

You can't just send knowledge of lithography machines to the 70s or whatever and have them build stuff way beyond them, they wouldn't even be able to make the tools needed

Ah that makes much more sense then.

Soldato
Considering they want to hamper our scientific development, they've given their followers some pretty advanced tech.

Man of Honour
I'm over half way through this having binge watched it through the evening. I've loved it so far.

Something that I spotted in the background of one scene was a banner saying "The Stars Our Destination" which is the title of one of the episodes. I think this is a reference to an Alfred Bester scifi book called The Stars My Destination.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom