Three body Problem (2024)

Caporegime

Not enough questions were asked about the headset tbh. They just accepted a piece of tech so far more advanced than anything they had ever seen before.

rp2000
in the Book its a V-suit

EDIT

Last edited:
Soldato
crap. started intriguing but there's too much stupidity and "just because" in the plotting, and writing of scenes that will use up the CGI budget rather than applying any logic. Augie is irritating and obnoxious in the extreme too.

Soldato
in the Book its a V-suit

EDIT

Typical. When they get "inventive" with stories, they invariably end up making less sense.

I was also bothered by the VR helmet. Something that advance would have attracted far more attention than it did in the series.

Caporegime
Augie is irritating and obnoxious in the extreme too.
she seems to only have one facial expression.

she went overboard on cosmetic surgery and Botox I suspect.

OMG
80kgxfe.jpeg

UskJ6mu.jpeg

evqX6D3.jpeg

who was that geordie singer who worked in a chip shop? Cheryl Cole? seems they both have the same surgeon

Last edited:
Soldato
It was quite good.

I wasn't impressed with the inaccurate science, and also the idea that the aliens would tell you everything they intend to do is, well, either stupid or I have my ideas about that....but it sure is interesting - the idea that aliens are on the way to wipe you out, what the heck do you do about it?

Caporegime
I wasn't impressed with the inaccurate science
Thats probably just netflix like the blinking universe.. in the books they only saw it because they wore googles that let you see background radiation or whatever it was.

check the tencent flicking scene 11:35 in this video (turn on English subs)
17:46 realising they can see it with some glasses and rushing to get them.
21:30 univserse flickers

Netflix is literally theme park ride of 10 seconds then on to the next attraction.
the scientists don't even really do science

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
It was quite good.

I wasn't impressed with the inaccurate science, and also the idea that the aliens would tell you everything they intend to do is, well, either stupid or I have my ideas about that....but it sure is interesting - the idea that aliens are on the way to wipe you out, what the heck do you do about it?
The point is they can't lie... I think it's a pretty good clever and really key aspect.

Caporegime
The point is they can't lie... I think it's a pretty good clever and really key aspect.
I like to think the lie wasn't what shocked them, but when Evans calls humans bugs and pests.
In the spin off book they are described as being the size of rice grains, the author was probably thinking of something like tardigrades

Netflix wont do them like that though, tencent didn't either

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I like to think the lie wasn't what shocked them, but when Evans calls humans bugs and pests.
In the spin off book they are described as being the size of rice grains, the author was probably thinking of something like tardigrades

Netflix wont do them like that though, tencent didn't either
ok sorry i was talking books and show i guess combined now. :p Im more inclined to think the concept of deception "little red riding hoods wolf" they did in the show right? Was what is important. As they simply cant do it. (i think im repeating myself) That heavily enters into the dark forest hypothesis, you cant trust anyone no matter what.
The "pests" bugs thing too is great.
Yes the 4th book has them as "ants" for use of a better word, which is also hilarious to think, very rick and morty. I actually thought they were going to reveal/hint them as "small" when they talked about the staircase probe going to scout their size and numbers.
I want to read/listen to the books again but in all honestly some of it is soooo bloody boring and chinese incel heavy... lol

When they track the ships passing through the oort dust cloud? I honestly cant recall the details they dont hint at their size which im sure they could have. You would expect their fleet to be tiny too if they can only achieve .1 speed of light.

i spoilered the lot because ...

Caporegime
i spoilered the lot because ...
I don't think it was ever mentioned, didn't they get close enough that people could see them with telescopes like any planet in the sky.
so they cant have been small
the droplet probes were described as 3.5 metres long and 10tons

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm on Ep 6 of the Netflix one and it's good but I'd say even though I complained a bit at how drawn out the Chinese version was, I think I prefer it to Netflix's. Though 100% that's not going to be a widespread view as the Chinese version was quite dense and indigestable at times.

As an analogy, it would be like comparing reading the full LotR trilogy in one compendium and then the same story in a book the size of the Hobbit.

There was so much more character development and depth in the tencent version, not surprising as they had a lot of padding to do but it makes the Netflix version seem quite 'superficial'

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Ohhh FFS i thought this was a one-off series only.

More chuffing waiting for a year. Seriously I am going to give up on newly made shows and only start watching things that have completed with no more to go.

Back
Top Bottom