UK Gladiators - 2024 reboot

Caporegime
Chung is a great contestant. Couldn't believe Nitro even caught him on the wall, they were both seriously quick.

Best Legend line tonight "They told me I can go anywhere like Alessandro Del Piero" :D

Feels like the host banter is getting worse and worse though, they're just not funny.

Soldato
OP
I had to catch up once again today due to something cropping up yesterday.

Chung was grease lightning on the Edge and the Eliminator, although the red dude was pretty quick too despite Chung's big head start. I thought both red and blue would make great finalists head-to-head had they played in different heats/quarters.

Both red/blue females struggled on the Eliminator especially on the rope climb. It was a close one at the end, although I was hoping that Nia would win.

Legend was a funny one with his multiple fowls, especially with his press-ups on the Edge :D

Man of Honour
Chung gang. Chung gang.

Opponent (red) was pretty unbearable IMO, am glad he went out.

:edit: yes they'd be better off without the hosts altogether. One of the girls in the audience was giving serious Ulrika vibes, get her down and pass her the mic :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Blue Woman: too much crying this week. Don't really care for it on this type of show.
Red Man: Bad attitude, deserved to lose.

I think Chung is gonna win the whole thing at this rate!

Gauntlet, they just need to give all 4 of them the same tools. The double pads are useless as you're not allowed to pin or hold the contestant. All 4 of them should have the loglike object. Some of the bigger gladiators can easily use that to send the contestant back into the previous zone.

Where's Comet?!?!?!

Viper is just boring now. He just snarls constantly and that's it. 2 dimensional bad guy like Wolf in the original show. I much prefer Legend who plays into the villain character rather than just coming across like an animal!

rp2000

Caporegime
The thing with Wolf is he was actually a good gladiator. Viper has just copied his attitude but loses nearly every single event. They seem to have given up putting him in the 1v1 stuff now because he's so bad. He gets relegated to gauntlet and still gets beaten easily every time.

Commissario
Where's Comet?!?!?!
I remember seeing something last month which said two Gladiators were injured filming, Comet and Sabre.

Looking at Wiki, it says that Comet was injured during Hang Tough on the 4th episode, it's not obvious it happened when you watch it here at around 23:30, she looks OK when she's interviewed afterwards.

"Two Gladiators sustained injuries during filming. Comet broke her ankle and foot – including the talus – as well as sustaining a Lisfranc injury, three ruptured ligaments, and a dislocated bone. Sabre tore her hamstring.

"Two of the female Gladiators got injured during the filming of the first series. Comet sustained several leg injuries in many places, when competing in her speciality event Hang Tough, and Sabre was also mildly injured from her hamstring. Due these incidents both of the Gladiators had either to go on hiatus from the series, or be completly pulled out from it, the latter being the case with Comet.
"

Associate
I remember seeing something last month which said two Gladiators were injured filming, Comet and Sabre.

Looking at Wiki, it says that Comet was injured during Hang Tough on the 4th episode, it's not obvious it happened when you watch it here at around 23:30, she looks OK when she's interviewed afterwards.

"Two Gladiators sustained injuries during filming. Comet broke her ankle and foot – including the talus – as well as sustaining a Lisfranc injury, three ruptured ligaments, and a dislocated bone. Sabre tore her hamstring.

"Two of the female Gladiators got injured during the filming of the first series. Comet sustained several leg injuries in many places, when competing in her speciality event Hang Tough, and Sabre was also mildly injured from her hamstring. Due these incidents both of the Gladiators had either to go on hiatus from the series, or be completly pulled out from it, the latter being the case with Comet.
"

You kind of forget sometimes that real injuries can be sustained from these events from the Gladiators. A shame for both of them as not like there are loads of episodes.

Associate
You kind of forget sometimes that real injuries can be sustained from these events from the Gladiators. A shame for both of them as not like there are loads of episodes.
Some of it looks self inflicted. Why is the crash net so far below the edge when the nature of the game means people falling on top of each other?

Back
Top Bottom