UK Gladiators - 2024 reboot

Man of Honour
You kind of forget sometimes that real injuries can be sustained from these events from the Gladiators. A shame for both of them as not like there are loads of episodes.

I didn’t realise there had been so many injuries on the newest series and I had forgotten about some of these.

If Sabre needs help massaging her hamstring I am available.

I mean, I’ll massage whatever she wants.

Last edited:
Commissario
I wonder if the rules for Hang Tough have changed. I’m sure that in the old series, when the gladiator caught the contender, they’d often wrap their legs around them and then transfer their entire weight to the contender and pull them down.

We’ve not seen that happen once. When they get close, they wrap their legs round and then try and push them down. Today, when he got close, he grabbed the same rings and pushed him off.

Man of Honour
Sabre gang. Sabre gang.

Not a fan of the progressive politics at the end of this week's show by blue male. To be honest he was pretty useless throughout so I have questions about the selection process, surely he must understand he may only be there because of his specific characteristics, and not despite them?

We’ve not seen that happen once. When they get close, they wrap their legs round and then try and push them down. Today, when he got close, he grabbed the same rings and pushed him off.
I'm pretty sure we've seen full hang over the last few weeks but I did notice that today. I presumed it was because there's a risk of slipping off them altogether, so pointless to try that until the last moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not a fan of the progressive politics at the end of this week's show by blue male.

...and yet his not wrong, being openly gay in many nearly all sport is setting yourself up for a career of vile abuse from 'fans'. How many openly gay footballers are there in the premier football league? One?

To be honest he was pretty useless throughout so I have questions about the selection process, surely he must understand he may only be there because of his specific characteristics, and not despite them?

Bit of a stretch.... and your comments are likely to be taken as homophobic in those circles.

Man of Honour
You got a better explanation for his uselessness?

I'm not saying what he's saying isn't true, I'm sure seeing people like you makes you more likely to then go on to do those things, and I'm sure people get abuse for a great many things, I just find it all a bit odd and not relevant personally :p

Soldato
OP
Another enjoyable episode fellas. On the ladies, I was hoping that the other one would win but both good contenders all the same.

I'm liking that duel has been in every episode so far.

Not a fan of the progressive politics at the end of this week's show by blue male.

We've had a couple of gay contenders in this series, 1 male and 1 female. Absolutely fine in my mind, as they normally announce who's in the audience e.g. boyfriend, girlfriend, their parents, kids etc, and that was also the done thing in 1992. What the blue dude said at the end about LGBT is no difference really than him saying that he supports a charity.

My concern though was gender politics creeping in the reboot, but gladly that didn't happen. It's not my battle anyway as I'm not a T-girl or whatever. As an outsider though, it seems to me that the T part of LGBT is guilt-tripping LGB and the general population simply for not being trans.

Soldato
You got a better explanation for his uselessness?

I'm not saying what he's saying isn't true, I'm sure seeing people like you makes you more likely to then go on to do those things, and I'm sure people get abuse for a great many things, I just find it all a bit odd and not relevant personally :p
I’m certain the contenders are chosen through a mix of screen testing and performance albeit I doubt the producers tell them why exactly they’re there. I think it’s good the show is a bit more representative of the general public rather than just having a load of roided up gym heads. It’s Saturday night entertainment rather than actual sport.

I’m pretty sure the 90s show had an off screen boot camp for contenders to qualify? No idea if that was the case this time but I expect there was a minimum fitness level you had to demonstrate to at least compete.

Anyway, please let’s not turn this into another culture war snoozefest. Someone post some Sabre pictures.

Soldato
Happy to oblige :D

IMG-3039.webp

IMG-3040.webp

IMG-3041.webp

And we can all enjoy this game of Hang Tough again:

Last edited:
Associate
Another enjoyable episode fellas. On the ladies, I was hoping that the other one would win but both good contenders all the same.

I'm liking that duel has been in every episode so far.

We've had a couple of gay contenders in this series, 1 male and 1 female. Absolutely fine in my mind, as they normally announce who's in the audience e.g. boyfriend, girlfriend, their parents, kids etc, and that was also the done thing in 1992. What the blue dude said at the end about LGBT is no difference really than him saying that he supports a charity.

My concern though was gender politics creeping in the reboot, but gladly that didn't happen. It's not my battle anyway as I'm not a T-girl or whatever. As an outsider though, it seems to me that the T part of LGBT is guilt-tripping LGB and the general population simply for not being trans.
The lads record is now played 2, lost 2. It's normally better in any walk of life to win something before declaring yourself a role model :⁠-⁠D

Soldato
I noticed after watching some classic episodes that the duel platforms are much closer together now and the pugel sticks are shorter. Is that to make it easier or harder?

Soldato
OP
Yeah there's been a few subs now this season.

I LOL'd at that slam dunk on the men's Powerball. A pity that the points from that didn't count.

Without spoiling it, I wanted the other female to win out of the females, but I'm glad that the male person won out of the males, He stormed the Eliminator!

Back
Top Bottom