UK Gladiators - 2024 reboot

Soldato
That was a really good semi final, especially on the women's side: those two were really well matched.

The Dual was particularly entertaining for the women: they seriously took it to the Gladiators. I think the size difference on the mens side makes it a bit less entertaining - they just have no chance against those man-mountains!

Soldato
I think the size difference on the mens side makes duel a bit less entertaining - they just have no chance against those man-mountains!

Yeah, it doesn’t help that they seem to have no qualms about putting the smallest male contenders against the largest Gladiators. They should at least make some effort to match them.

Because clearly someone who’s 5”7 10 stone has no chance against a gladiators a foot taller and double their weight trading blows at close range!

+1 on the presenters. The Bradley /barney combo (despite them both being capable) just doesn’t work on Gladiators. Plus their jokes feel forced and frequently miss the mark

Last edited:
Caporegime
The women's is generally more entertaining because the gap physically between the gladiators and the competitors are smaller. The male gladiators are like flipping space marines next to the regular human competitors.

Legend watch: There's no I in team, but there are 5 I's in individual brilliance :D

Anyone else slightly nervous about how close Finley was to the edge of the net when he came off The Edge? I feel like that net needs to be wider!

Soldato
Anyone else slightly nervous about how close Finley was to the edge of the net when he came off The Edge? I feel like that net needs to be wider!

I noticed that as well - another meter or so and that could have been pretty catastrophic!

Yeah, definitely. Not sure if it's just the camera angles that make it look that way but it seems sketchy. After the edge of the net there's a gap and after that the metal support structure. Not sure you want to be 'hitting' either of those, especially with the way some of the contenders (including Finley) tackle that event quite fast, even a minor push could send them flying.

Man of Honour

Agreed. Although on another camera angle it didn’t look quite as close. I thought the same for phantom? when he was pushed off duel and landed right on the edge of the mat.

It’s funny, as I’ve gotten older I wince at some of the falls, knowing that at this age many of those injuries can plague your forever. Younger me didn’t even think about it.

As for the size difference, it is indeed comical. That said, I’d love to see some of the larger gladiators attempt the final challenge, they would get obliterated. Nitro impresses me most because is combination of size along with athleticism is insane, even with performance enhancers.

I always like it when they put up the stats of the gladiators for things like bench, squat etc. I’m stronger than most of them :p (couldn’t do the last bit though). Would love to see Giants numbers though, he’s ridiculously massive. Not sure they’ve shown those.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sabre got a lot of screen time over the season so far and with Sabre going out from this episode which gladiators is OCUK looking forward to seeing more of in the final episodes?

Personally, I find legend rather amusing, I'm sure he is not a total end in real life but his face absolutely fits his on screen persona and certainly adds something to the show.

Soldato
Sabre got a lot of screen time over the season so far and with Sabre going out from this episode which gladiators is OCUK looking forward to seeing more of in the final episodes?

Personally, I find legend rather amusing, I'm sure he is not a total end in real life but his face absolutely fits his on screen persona and certainly adds something to the show.

Nobody can replace Sabre in my heart. :D

Legend has a YT channel that is quite entertaining:

Man of Honour

Legend has a great persona. He carries them. Nitros too full of himself and it’s genuine. I’m finding diamond to be a bit annoying too. I’ll happily see more of her though. Throw in dynamite too.

Soldato
I doubt Nitro is on any performance enhancers to be honest as he (Harry Akines Aryeetey) has been an elite level GB sprinter for a long time. Would certainly have been subject to a lot more testing than some of the others in the show anyway!

He's a very good Gladiator though. The Glads have got so much better on the wall than they were in the first few shows, next series they'll take a some beating on it!

Soldato
I doubt Nitro is on any performance enhancers to be honest as he (Harry Akines Aryeetey) has been an elite level GB sprinter for a long time. Would certainly have been subject to a lot more testing than some of the others in the show anyway!

He's a very good Gladiator though. The Glads have got so much better on the wall than they were in the first few shows, next series they'll take a some beating on it!
I think that makes him more likely to have been on PEDs tbh!

Back
Top Bottom