Associate
Got surfshark and most of the time it does not work with amazon prime video and needs turning off.
Also in order to cancel the recurring subscription you need to contact support cause there site and app do not support cancellation.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Got surfshark and most of the time it does not work with amazon prime video and needs turning off.
Also in order to cancel the recurring subscription you need to contact support cause there site and app do not support cancellation.
Thanks. Think I’ll stick with Nord in this case then. Never had a problem.

Associate
Thread bump. My current sub with Nord has come to an end. Wondering if I should stick with it (well, as a new customer that is, with quidco offering 63% cashback, a 2 year sub is £73 which means I'm basically paying £1/month) or should I look elsewhere?

My main use has simply been to use F1TV for the past four years or so (I've been connecting on phone and airplaying). If it ain't broke etc... but wondering if I should be exploring other options.

What about surfshark? Owned by Nord, significantly cheaper and also a higher cashback offer at the moment.
TCB is currently @ 90% "for new customers"

Associate
Is that for Nord? Only showing 76% for me, may be because I don’t have premium perhaps? Or TCB knows I’ve previously used maybe. Even at 76% it’s a huge saving.

@Megahackerd interesting. Will read up on pros/cons of PIA vs Nord.
Yeah

Shows 90% for me logged in or logged out.

Last edited:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Yea, how strange. It shows 90%, then when I log in I get 76.5%. Created a new TCB account and got 90%. I feel cheated!

edit - do you have the 'premium' sub?

Last edited:

~cw

~cw

Associate
Torguard specifically allow P2P and you can get packages with static IPs and do port forwarding. Used them for years, my NAS is VPNed 24/7 and the mobile client is OK too. I have their package with static IPs and two 'streaming IPs' in two locations of my choice, useful when I was travelling. Not the outright fastest speeds on the market but fairly reliable and good customer service. There's often deals if you shop around. Torguard say they don't do any log retention.

Used NordVPN in the past and they permit P2P on some servers but can't seed or have open inbound ports. Many years ago I used VyperVPN (again on a promo) and they still support P2P. Others use and swear by Mullvad, who are very privacy-conscious and don't retain any logs.

Soldato
Torguard specifically allow P2P and you can get packages with static IPs and do port forwarding. Used them for years, my NAS is VPNed 24/7 and the mobile client is OK too. I have their package with static IPs and two 'streaming IPs' in two locations of my choice, useful when I was travelling. Not the outright fastest speeds on the market but fairly reliable and good customer service. There's often deals if you shop around. Torguard say they don't do any log retention.

Used NordVPN in the past and they permit P2P on some servers but can't seed or have open inbound ports. Many years ago I used VyperVPN (again on a promo) and they still support P2P. Others use and swear by Mullvad, who are very privacy-conscious and don't retain any logs.

I went with Mullvad, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom