Soldato
AirVPN (most streaming but not BBC, port forwarding), OVPN (most streaming, port forwarding), Windscribe (get a trial and then don't renew, await please come back for $30 - don't pay full price! Has all streaming, port forwarding). Any of those will saturate gigabit with WireGuard.
Great. Thanks for the tips. I'll go and have a look.

Soldato
I found this for scoring of a lot of VPNs.
Shows a breakdown of what each gives.

Associate
I found this for scoring of a lot of VPNs.
Shows a breakdown of what each gives.

this is really helpful thanks

Soldato
AirVPN (most streaming but not BBC, port forwarding), OVPN (most streaming, port forwarding), Windscribe (get a trial and then don't renew, await please come back for $30 - don't pay full price! Has all streaming, port forwarding). Any of those will saturate gigabit with WireGuard.
@Rainmaker how do you go about getting a trial for windscribe?
I've signed up to the basic one where you get 10gb data a month. Liking all the features so far and has everything I want so tempted to sign up.

Associate
@Rainmaker how do you go about getting a trial for windscribe?
I've signed up to the basic one where you get 10gb data a month. Liking all the features so far and has everything I want so tempted to sign up.

I'm using windscribe Pro, If you just wait it out using the free data you will receive offers from them, I pay 10$ a year for windscribe pro.
Always been happy with it, auto config for wireguard, download the file and drag and drop into the router.

Don't think you will get down to my price with them as I've been with them for years locked into the 10$ deal, but you should get it down to 29.99$ a year
if you wait it out.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm using windscribe Pro, If you just wait it out using the free data you will receive offers from them, I pay 10$ a year for windscribe pro.
Always been happy with it, auto config for wireguard, download the file and drag and drop into the router.

Don't think you will get down to my price with them as I've been with them for years locked into the 10$ deal, but you should get it down to 29.99$ a year
if you wait it out.
Magic, thanks. I'm quite enjoying them so will wait it out and sign up if I receive an offer. Thanks!

Also got my surfshark refund through, that was a royal pita. They were very reluctant to give it back trying to use my remains 25 days for faultfinding on their side. By then I would be locked in.

Soldato
Magic, thanks. I'm quite enjoying them so will wait it out and sign up if I receive an offer. Thanks!

Also got my surfshark refund through, that was a royal pita. They were very reluctant to give it back trying to use my remains 25 days for faultfinding on their side. By then I would be locked in.
If you want to kickstart the offers, sign up for the Custom package and just pick one server. You'll pay about £2 for the month and then they'll start bombarding you with 'funny' animated emails begging you to join for $30/year lol.

Edit: Be aware, the custom package doesn't get port forwarding etc. It's just a quick way to get offer emails. You may get one within a week just using it on the free tier tbf, so it's up to you if you want to see what turns up. The $30/year offer is for the full Pro tier, which includes streaming, all servers (several are 10Gbit) and port forwarding etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you want to kickstart the offers, sign up for the Custom package and just pick one server. You'll pay about £2 for the month and then they'll start bombarding you with 'funny' animated emails begging you to join for $30/year lol.

Edit: Be aware, the custom package doesn't get port forwarding etc. It's just a quick way to get offer emails. You may get one within a week just using it on the free tier tbf, so it's up to you if you want to see what turns up. The $30/year offer is for the full Pro tier, which includes streaming, all servers (several are 10Gbit) and port forwarding etc.
This is great info. Thanks!!
I did stick stuff in a basket for a custom package to see if it would move things along and have started getting emails of why a pro package may be better but no offers as of yet.

Soldato

I've got an offer for £39 from just using the free account. May sign up for the £2 as using it a bit more now.

Associate
I just changed from NordVPN to PIA and am regretting it. I was just abroad and it would not allow me to connect to the bbc. Maybe i need to config something? Also when using it google are continually wanting me to confirm I am human! Wish I'd checked here 1st.

Associate
I just changed from NordVPN to PIA and am regretting it. I was just abroad and it would not allow me to connect to the bbc. Maybe i need to config something? Also when using it google are continually wanting me to confirm I am human! Wish I'd checked here 1st.
i use PIA and it’s interesting you comment about not needing to continuously verify yourself as a human on Google. Thought it will happen on all vpn usage. its annoying so I might change

maj

maj

Soldato
I think the Google captchas are common on any VPN. When you have multiple people sharing the same IP it's bound to happen.

Using another search engine like duckduckgo will help.

Associate
I think the Google captchas are common on any VPN. When you have multiple people sharing the same IP it's bound to happen.

Using another search engine like duckduckgo will help.

True but PIA is particularly bad and I cannot remember ever getting it with NordVPN

Associate
Windscribe current have a 'back to school' offer of $39 for the year. Is this as good as it gets now or should I wait for them to send me some offers?

img

img

Associate
has anyone got skygo working over the vpn either streaming or connecting to local box? I used nordvpn for bbc and netflix no problem but sky refuses.

Back
Top Bottom