Water Bill - Anyone beat this?

Soldato
Last 6 months on a meter ( we pay our own sewerage on top of this however )

£23.50 per month

3 adults

I should also add that we watch how much water we use and have waterbutts all around the house for gardening.

Soldato
My DD has been £8 a month since I moved in a year ago.

Me, cat and 2 kids 3/4 times a week
oh wow, i've just called SE Water cos I was a bit concerned how little I been paying. Only get charged a bill annually and it's not due until April. My last account in old address (1yr ago) was closed and I had a credit from that. So they based my DD on the credit and usual usage. SO no idea what I am actually paying/going to be owing until that bill comes in

Soldato
I will probably get one fitted once our two grow up a little bit, at the minute were doing loads of single item washes twice daily sometimes. My clothes are one wash every 2 weeks. Its the jetwashing the cars and patio that use the most and we want rid of the wetroom to get a bath so thats going to be even more water.

Last edited:
Don
OP
Well no one has made me feel better about my bill. I’m still struggling to understand it unless we’re paying for half the village…no leaks so not sure what to do other than suck it up and pay.

Commissario
Well no one has made me feel better about my bill. I’m still struggling to understand it unless we’re paying for half the village…no leaks so not sure what to do other than suck it up and pay.
Just seen your op, that's nearly half a ton of water every day.

Have you turned everything off in the house for an hour checking the meter before and after?

Caporegime
We're at £24/month combined usage and wastewater.
Usage averages 250l per day.

2 people, averaging 2.5 showers per day.
Slim dishwasher used every other day.
Toilet flushing a bit higher than average for 2 people due to using flushable cat litter.
Roughly 2 loads of laundry each week.

Last edited:
Associate
was sitting here smug till water bill hit the mat this morning ...not bad but 2 of us gone up to 573 from 400 odd last year so maybe time for the meter...

Associate
Over the year we're averaging £66 per month for supply and sewage.

That's two people and we very rarely wash cars but we do water our garden borders in the dryer months as the plants really suffer otherwise and that adds 50% compared to the winter months bill (the 92.5% supply to wastewater ratio is really unfair for people with significant garden watering).

Associate
2 adults and a toddler, averages out at around £22pm. Affinity Water sent me an email saying we were "low users" averaging 65l per person per day.

I use a fair amount in the garden but this comes from 1800L of water butts that get topped up throughout the year.
I think only in the really hot summer the other year I had to resort to the tap for a couple of weeks after they ran dry.

Soldato
£48 a month on a water meter, for 3 adults. I thought that was extortionate but looking at what most other people in here are paying perhaps not.
I dare say that will be going up to pay for their dumping sewage in the rivers.

Back
Top Bottom