What is everyone hoping will be released in 2024?

Soldato
Ideally a larger screen iMac/iMac Pro.

I've been holding off upgrading to Apple Silicon waiting on a larger screen iMac/iMac Pro to be reintroduced. With Apple confirming a new 27" isn't happening and sketchy rumours about a larger 30" in development, I need to make the jump this year.
Would be happy with a redesigned Mac mini and new 27" or greater Liquid Retina XDR Studio Display with ProMotion.

Soldato
OP
Ideally a larger screen iMac/iMac Pro.

I've been holding off upgrading to Apple Silicon waiting on a larger screen iMac/iMac Pro to be reintroduced. With Apple confirming a new 27" isn't happening and sketchy rumours about a larger 30" in development, I need to make the jump this year.
Would be happy with a redesigned Mac mini and new 27" or greater Liquid Retina XDR Studio Display with ProMotion.
I was thinking of the new Mac Studio M3 Ultra but I hardly use all the power in my Mac Studio M1 Max so upgrading seems a bit pointless to me. On the other hand my iPhone 13 Pro Max would give me some nice new features if I upgraded to the iPhone 16 Pro Max. I'll have to wait and see whether it is worth it.

I would say that the Mac Mini and your own choice of monitors is a better buy than relying on a large iMac. According to ChatGPT the mini supports up to 2 external monitors so you can two in any size you want rather than relying on an iMac.

Soldato
I was thinking of the new Mac Studio M3 Ultra but I hardly use all the power in my Mac Studio M1 Max so upgrading seems a bit pointless to me. On the other hand my iPhone 13 Pro Max would give me some nice new features if I upgraded to the iPhone 16 Pro Max. I'll have to wait and see whether it is worth it.

I would say that the Mac Mini and your own choice of monitors is a better buy than relying on a large iMac. According to ChatGPT the mini supports up to 2 external monitors so you can two in any size you want rather than relying on an iMac.
If I'm considering separate units then I'll be looking at an M3 Pro Mac Mini and a Studio Display.

Last edited:
Associate
Hoping for a 45mm Ultra, but that isn't likely anytime soon. Homepod with a screen would be interesting - though I'd hope it wouldn't just be the ******* child of a Homepod and iPad stuck together, like the Echo Show 10

Soldato
I’m waiting for a new 12.9” iPad. Current prices for a Pro are excessive and they’re vastly over powered for my use case. It’s only the screen size I want

Reactions: sg0
Commissario
Can someone explain the appeal of a HomePod with a screen? What is there to display, what would be the benefit?

99.9999999% of my interactions with the HomePods in the house here are by talking to them, the only time I only ever look at the top is when I dust them. In fact, to look at the top would mean going out of my way to make a physical effort.

Associate
Can someone explain the appeal of a HomePod with a screen? What is there to display, what would be the benefit?

99.9999999% of my interactions with the HomePods in the house here are by talking to them, the only time I only ever look at the top is when I dust them. In fact, to look at the top would mean going out of my way to make a physical effort.
Friends how have the Amazon set of products usually have the display one in the kitchen, sometimes the living room. It can show who's at the door or any other supported alerts, dashboards temp and lighting, calendar events, lists, weather, put on a show or some sport in the kitchen, etc.

Associate

I don't have the Apple eco system for this but I have Amazon devices round the house and Ive just recently got the Echo with the screen for the kitchen. Its definitely not "needed" but I really like it. I can have recipes on screen when cooking, timers are displayed and I can watch stuff as well as listen to music. However what I would say is that the Amazon device was about £60 on their sale whereas an Apple equivalent would be hundreds of pounds no doubt and at that price point Im not sure it would have the use to justify it!

Commissario
But the space on the top of a HomePod is about 2" at most, what can that usefully display? The weather?

You're not going be reading recipes or watching shows on that!

Last edited:
Soldato
Gen 2 AirPod Max.

Think this is about it for me as well. Battery life in my pro2 are still amazing despite them being used every single day for hours.

We know a new iPhone will come as well. So no point wanting that.

The iPad line up needs slimmed down and with no new ones last year I reckon they will steam line it this year too have the three. iPad, mini and pro. I’d probably be tempted by a 120hz mini would be class but I’m not sure if I really need it?

I kind of want a new TV but I would rather the BBC stopped being idiots and got the software sorted for 4K on TVos

Agree about feek about the HomePod, I just don’t feel that’s a worth while upgrade? Is there a market/demand for it? Just use your phone or iPad if you need to see anything.

Soldato
I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd really like an updated iPad Mini with support for the newest Pencil and FaceID. I really like the Mini form factor; it's probably my most-used Apple device, even more than my iPhone or Watch :)

Soldato
AirPod Max v2 here. I've been blown away with spatial audio on my Airpod Pro v2s, especially when watching content on my Apple TV. I'm sure it's even better on a decent pair of over-ears.

I use my Bose QC35 IIs all day every day for work, so looking to upgrade them if/when the Max 2s are released.

Also interested in what they come out with for the Watch S10 – might upgrade my S4 this year as well.

Back
Top Bottom