What is everyone hoping will be released in 2024?

Associate
Maybe AirPods Max 2 and a look at the new iPad lineup since I use my Air that’s 2-3 years old way more than I expected I would (although mostly for watching YouTube and reading books so it probably doesn’t need upgrading)

While I love my 2021 14” M1 Pro a more powerful one wouldn’t gain me much since the bigger workloads I do tend to be virtualisation on x86 servers, so I should be able to get a few more years out of it easily

Soldato
USB-C everything else, will get out a 2 year phone cycle early for a normal priced phone with it.

Possibly M3 MacBook Air or M4 mbp to scratch that I didn't pull the trigger 2 months ago itch and want it...

Soldato
But the space on the top of a HomePod is about 2" at most, what can that usefully display? The weather?

You're not going be reading recipes or watching shows on that!

Im thinking it most likely will be an iPad mini stuck on top of it.
Yeah something like this

Last edited:
Soldato
I absolutely do not need any new products however I would be tempted by an M3 Mac mini and a new SE if it was more in line with the current design language (narrower bezels, Face ID, etc.).

Last edited:
Associate
MBA with M3. I would have got one with M2 but then they went and shipped pro with M3 which put me off..

Couldn't see any point upgrading from my iphone 13 pro max to a 15 so hopefully the 16 will have something to offer.

Associate
I'm also hoping for an M3 MBA. I really hope it will be bumped to 16gb (even 12gb) of RAM at the base spec though. I managed to get my M1 close to alunch for £830 from the edu store and that felt like a really fair price. Everything thats come after has felt much mor expensive with deals being no where near as good though. I just cant justify upgrading when the 16gb ram upgrades make it so expensive. If M3 comes along at 16gb/512 as standard for either £999 or maybe even £1099 I'd probably jump.

Soldato
Yeah something like this

There’s also this - https://www.macworld.com/article/676817/homepod-with-screen-rumours-and-release-date.html

I’m just not seeing the benefit of it?

I get a glance you can see the weather/cal/time(r) etc but i’m struggling. I‘d just use my ipad and save a few hundred.

Associate
But the space on the top of a HomePod is about 2" at most, what can that usefully display? The weather?

You're not going be reading recipes or watching shows on that!
Google Nest Hub Max. Give me that in Apple form and I’ll kit the house out with them.

Associate
Yeah something like this

I'd quite like to see something akin to the Pixel charging dock, but I doubt it'd happen when only the pro models have the pins on the back

Associate
An Apple Watch Ultra 3, black (or darker than it currently is), with 5 day battery life without the need for power saving modes, ANT+ sensor support and on-board topo maps.

It’ll never happen, but that’s what I want.

Soldato
M2/M3 iPad Air with Mini-LED and ProMotion, or shall I say, AirMotion!

When the Pros move to OLED I hope Mini-LED comes to the Air lineup.

Back
Top Bottom