What is everyone hoping will be released in 2024?

Associate
M2/M3 iPad Air with Mini-LED and ProMotion, or shall I say, AirMotion!

When the Pros move to OLED I hope Mini-LED comes to the Air lineup.
Sony is going with Mini-LED for their flagship TVs next year, and I know that the Pro iPads are used as reference/review monitors for Film and TV production because they are good value, accurate HDR screens. I think Apple will stick with Mini-LED, but will up the brightness. I'd like to see a 4000-nit brightness iPad Pro because I could never afford a Sony BVM-HX3110 (RRP: £30k+ :eek:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sony is going with Mini-LED for their flagship TVs next year, and I know that the Pro iPads are used as reference/review monitors for Film and TV production because they are good value, accurate HDR screens. I think Apple will stick with Mini-LED, but will up the brightness. I'd like to see a 4000-nit brightness iPad Pro because I could never afford a Sony BVM-HX3110 (RRP: £30k+ :eek:)

Can guarantee even if Apple advertises an iPad as 4000 nits, its performance will still be nowhere near the reference monitor

What makes reference monitors so good compared to consumer displays is that they can maintain their brightness over far larger screen sizes, so content ends up getting mastered for average brightness levels vastly unobtainable for consumers resulting in HDR images that present with highlight clipping

Last edited:
Soldato
All the rumours point to them using stacked OLED which I don't think anyone else is currently using.

But yeah I think the reference monitors have full screen brightness of like 1000 nits with a peak of 4000 nits at smaller window sizes, where's consumer displays like the LG G3 or the latest Samsungs have full screen brightness of around 220-240 nits.

Soldato
Wondering whether they'll release an Apple TV. I need to get 2 more for the other TVs and don't know whether I should hold off before I invest.

Doesn’t look likely to be honest.

Soldato
Would love a Foldable (say the 16 Pro) as whilst I use my XR as my daily driver, I use a Galaxy Fold Z3 for work and the ability to have the extra screen real estate on the fly is really useful (I suppose an updated Ipad Mini would also solve the latter but doesn't fit in my pocket like a phone does).

Soldato
OP
The current model is probably the best TV streaming box available, if you need them then you won't go wrong buying them now.
I agree. I have the 2021 Apple TV and I have absolutely no problems with it at all. The only thing that would make me upgrade it was if it stopped getting tvOS updates.

Associate
It'll be a while, the Apple TV HD which was released in 2015 is still supported and can run the current tvOS.
Technically maybe but in reality the UI is so sluggish it requires lots of patience. Once playing whatever stream you want it's OK.

Soldato
Technically maybe but in reality the UI is so sluggish it requires lots of patience. Once playing whatever stream you want it's OK.

Disagree, i find it very smooth. If the BBC got the finger out and got 4k on it natively rather than having to the built in apps on the TV it would be perfect for me.

Underboss
16” iPad Pro would be grand but I don’t think it’ll happen. Seen rumours of. 12.9” iPad Air at a lower price/spec point which would be good.

Soldato
OP
If the AirPods Max are not released at the next Apple event I'm just going to go out and get the original ones. I'm fed up of waiting.

On a more positive note it would make sense for Apple to update around the Vision Pro event or there would have to be another event when the AirPods 2, AirPods 3 and AirPods Max all go USB-C. They could well do a quiet release on that front.

Associate

Doesn’t look likely to be honest.
Hmm, I can't remember where I read it, but I think there were indications of one being released in the first half of 2024.

Underboss
Hmm I’m not sure if I’d get that. Seems a bit big. I do love my 12.9 though.
I had the 12.9, loved it but was too big, then got rid and bought an 11 which does the needed, but I like to draw on the iPad now so 11 is too small.

I think a 16” would have a market though esp as Procreate Dreams and Photoshop is becoming better on iPadOS

Soldato
I had the 12.9, loved it but was too big, then got rid and bought an 11 which does the needed, but I like to draw on the iPad now so 11 is too small.

I think a 16” would have a market though esp as Procreate Dreams and Photoshop is becoming better on iPadOS

To be honest I thought the 12.9 was too big when I first seen it in the apple shop. I’m actually not sure what made me get it. I kind of just got it and within a few minutes I was sold. It’s a beast and I don’t even use it nearly to its potential.

Back
Top Bottom