What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Its no more likely to leak at any of the prior joints after opening /connecting the ends in 2nd fix than with it capped in 1st fix is what Im getting at.
Yeah what I'm saying is I haven't put water through it at all..so the first time I open the gates it'll either be 2nd fix and behind spenny marble or easily accessible. The reason it's a question/risk is because to plumb it in, it'd be much easier to kill the old bathroom.

Soldato
Yeah what I'm saying is I haven't put water through it at all..so the first time I open the gates it'll either be 2nd fix and behind spenny marble or easily accessible. The reason it's a question/risk is because to plumb it in, it'd be much easier to kill the old bathroom.
Test it..

:cry:

Test it all, test the flush on the toilet as well.

Last edited:

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
@dlockers did you resolve your toilet waste issue?

Soldato
@dlockers did you resolve your toilet waste issue?
Yeah - well, you may have to be more specific :cry:. My issue was I didn't have the core bit and didn't fancy buying it. So had to wait until my brother was available. All sorted now. I can see why the plumber wanted a grand tbh. Lots of messing around as I needed to retain the old stack temporarily (the boss has a mechanical fixing for the bath waste, which is still in use).

If you mean reducing the 110 down to 90, I had forgotten the adaptor is in the box. So I have a nice push fit 110 out of the wall, which I then tickled with the heat gun to make it wide enough to get a solid a solvent weld to a 90 degree.

Last edited:

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Yeah - well, you may have to be more specific :cry:. My issue was I didn't have the core bit and didn't fancy buying it. So had to wait until my brother was available. All sorted now. I can see why the plumber wanted a grand tbh. Lots of messing around as I needed to retain the old stack temporarily (the boss has a mechanical fixing for the bath waste, which is still in use).

If you mean reducing the 110 down to 90, I had forgotten the adaptor is in the box. So I have a nice push fit 110 out of the wall, which I then tickled with the heat gun to make it wide enough to get a solid a solvent weld to a 90 degree.
The 110 adapter :cry: replied to the thread but thought I'd gone crazy when it vanished.

Associate
Taken far too long to complete, recap plus big job on the hallway now :)

gfRgDsJ.jpeg

m2x5qaU.jpeg

IXHSS6g.jpeg

JE6TuzU.jpeg

9g0MBCF.jpeg

E7cIjig.jpeg

p95tgli.jpeg

qoaZeHO.jpeg

N3rsgfK.jpeg

Soldato
Taken far too long to complete, recap plus big job on the hallway now :)

gfRgDsJ.jpeg

m2x5qaU.jpeg

IXHSS6g.jpeg

JE6TuzU.jpeg

9g0MBCF.jpeg

E7cIjig.jpeg

p95tgli.jpeg

qoaZeHO.jpeg

N3rsgfK.jpeg
Ban. Project from start to finish in one post is just outrageous.

I vanished it, on request :p to save dlockers from admitting the error of his ways, however; he's now admitted the error of his ways.

I feel redundant :p
Haha yeah but now you've told everyone I reported to mods my incompetence so it's balanced out :cry:

Edit: continued incompetence

Soldato
Built an IKEA Kallak unit :p

I built one at the weekend too. It would have been sooner but Ikea sent two box 2's and the fixings are in box 1 :rolleyes:. They finally sent a box 1 and told us to dispose of the spare box 2 as it would be uneconomic to be sent back.

Wondering what I can build with half a Kallak unit now...

Soldato
I built one at the weekend too. It would have been sooner but Ikea sent two box 2's and the fixings are in box 1 :rolleyes:. They finally sent a box 1 and told us to dispose of the spare box 2 as it would be uneconomic to be sent back.

Wondering what I can build with half a Kallak unit now...
Get someone to contact them and say they're missing some bits, and request a box 1.

Soldato
Was just about to bite the bullet and glue the Hardie backer down. I haven't primed the chipboard. Is that a problem?
The adhesive is just to take any bumps out, the mechanical fixing with screws should be fine. That said I prime anything that moves.

You should see my dog.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Installed my gym air con.
Cut the grass.
Moved some plants.
Lawn feed and weed
Replaced a bolt on the gate that broke recently
Put up the final ring camera onto the guttering down pipe
Added clover seed to the lawn

Last edited:
Back