What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Spent 2.5 hours in Wickes. (With the kids as well) Going through a kitchen that ended up 20k.

Now I'm sat planning in my head on doing it myself. But trying to think of plans so the Mrs doesn't end me.
Haha, get yourself on DIYK. If you can afford the time planning it out, you can get a much better result by taking your time and just getting trades in when required.

Soldato
Might have a go throwing some marble down tomorrow. See how I feel!

What levelling system can I grab from Screwfix or TS that'll do the job?

Need to get my layout nailed but tempted to try and get the toilet bit done too, so that the toilet can go on final fix...thank god!

Soldato
Might have a go throwing some marble down tomorrow. See how I feel!

What levelling system can I grab from Screwfix or TS that'll do the job?

Need to get my layout nailed but tempted to try and get the toilet bit done too, so that the toilet can go on final fix...thank god!
I use perfect level master.

Soldato
Cheers chaps - where are you buying it from? Not even appearing on Amazon. Guess its a proper shop job? That puts today off the cards :o

Might get the bath permanently fixed and plumbing in, in that case...

Soldato
After years and years of suffering with a white PC mouse I have finally found you can have a black one and press Ctrl to highlight it on the page - It's drove me nuts for years since my eyes started to dim.
:D:D

Soldato
Pro tiler tools.

Pro tiler tip, order everything to come on one pallet next time :cry:
I am well at peace I'll never be a pro tiler :cry: :cry:

Thanks, will take a look.

Is there any trick to cutting out the holes required for the toilet mounting system, or do I need to bite the bullet on a set of expensive diamond hole cuttings?

:o:rolleyes::mad:

Soldato
Is there any trick to cutting out the holes required for the toilet mounting system, or do I need to bite the bullet on a set of expensive diamond hole cuttings?

I did one with lots of smaller drill holes for the extractor fan which was a right pain in the arse. In the end just paid for the bits to cut the hole and it was felt worth it.

Soldato
I am well at peace I'll never be a pro tiler :cry: :cry:

Thanks, will take a look.

Not sure about marble tiles but bosch multi construction blue bits can get thru porcelain and ceramic. Just put frog tape on beforehand so the marked up position doesn't slip.

If it's bigger than 8mm I'd buy a proper bit.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just covered the rear patio with patio magic, first time I've used it so I'm keen to see the results.
Take a before photos - it is so gradual you can take it for granted.

Not sure about marble tiles but bosch multi construction blue bits can get thru porcelain and ceramic. Just put frog tape on beforehand so the marked up position doesn't slip.

If it's bigger than 8mm I'd buy a proper bit.
Yeah think I'll chance the Amazon junk given they're so inexpensive compared to the legit things... Luckily the toilet well covers the holes so have lots of forgiveness.

Soldato
I bought 5ltr of Patio Magic ready for the finer weather - I to am hoping for miracles - also got roof moss killer -5 Ltrs of Mr muscle to throw on if nothing works - I have also amassed a store of 2ltr bottles of bleach.
If that fails I have one month to get pressure washer out before they come and fit a water meter .
This year is my slab and roof cleaning year.

Back
Top Bottom