• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Its not so much that its poor but rather that its cheap, its actually fine for that level of card but the cost savings doesn't reflect in the price of the 4070.

No, it's nonsense. AIBs use their own PCB design. That picture he posted up is showing the PCB that Gainward used in their 4070. Here is a picture of Nvidia's 4070 PCB

front.jpg

G J

G J

Associate
It's all relative. Jensen would disagree :p

Probably one of the reasons why AMD are scared of pricing their cards properly. Because Nvidia have bigger margins due to better engineering and could easily leave AMD in a bad situation if they wanted.
It's strange to think about its that Nvidia pretty much allows AMD to operate in this market with its high pricing as you said Nvidia could make it much worse for AMD.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
It's strange to think about its that Nvidia pretty much allows AMD to operate in this market with its high pricing as you said Nvidia could make it much worse for AMD.

Let's say Nvidia decides to take $10 billion from its cash reserves and use it to kill amd and Intels GPU business and Nvidia does this by going out there and cutting all its gaming GPU prices in half and sell the cards for near cost of manufacturing, amd and Intel don't follow and they go out of business

What happens then? Nvidia is now a monopoly and it won't take long for the US government to start regulation proceedings

Associate
Let's say Nvidia decides to take $10 billion from its cash reserves and use it to kill amd and Intels GPU business and Nvidia does this by going out there and cutting all its gaming GPU prices in half and sell the cards for near cost of manufacturing, amd and Intel don't follow and they go out of business

What happens then? Nvidia is now a monopoly and it won't take long for the US government to start regulation proceedings
That's why Microsoft did not finish off Apple in the 1990s.
Without Bill Gates throwing a lifeline, there would be no cult of Steve today...

Soldato
Well i'll be honest with you, i'm not paying £600 for a GPU with the PCB of something that shouldn't cost more than £200, in the same way i wouldn't buy a cheap PSU.

Have you seen CPUs? They have like £10 of parts. I bet you don't buy those either.

You aren't paying for "parts" when you buy technology.

It's a defence you've come up with to bash nvidia.

In nearly 20 years of building PCs, I've never had a CPU, GPU, RAM or motherboard fail.

Last edited:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Have you seen CPUs? They have like £10 of parts. I bet you don't buy those either.

In nearly 20 years of building PCs, I've never had a CPU, GPU, RAM or motherboard fail.
In my 16 years I've had GPUs and RAM fail. GPU's multiple times.

Last edited:
Soldato
In my 16 years I've had GPUs and RAM fail. GPU's multiple times.

Okay. I have a log of over 200 computer parts, including 47 GPUs (22 ATI/AMD and 25 Nvidia). The only failure I've had was a Corsair AIO and Corsair PSU. I feel my sample size is big enough to form my opinion that computer parts don't routinely fail.

Last edited:
Caporegime

The difference is a GPU comes with its own motherboard and RAM. You should really look at a GPU's PCB in the same way you would a motherboard.

Its GPU's that tend to be the thing that fails.

Last edited:
Soldato
The difference is a GPU comes with its own motherboard and RAM. You should really look at a GPU's PCB in the same way you would a motherboard.

Its GPU's that tend to be the thing that fails.

Nice arbitrary rule.

A GPU's value is in the die and RAM packages and the performance it elicits. Not some PCB components.

If you like overengineered fans and PCBs over actual performance, then you are a AIB marketers dream. Their margin on the actual die and RAM is nothing. Upsell you a fancy fan and 24 power phases? Yes please. Throw in some RGB while we are at it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom