• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's just that it's not cheaper..... So NV engineers are excellent, but their pricing strategy is *******.

It's all relative. Jensen would disagree :p

Probably one of the reasons why AMD are scared of pricing their cards properly. Because Nvidia have bigger margins due to better engineering and could easily leave AMD in a bad situation if they wanted.

Soldato
4070. this is the PCB of a £200 GPU sold for £600. Its like a cheap PSU where they save money by pulling half the filters and various other components off the PCB and replace the rest with cheap unbranded crap, its not quality.

B59ws23.jpg

7800XT, this is a high quality PCB.

F7bQxXc.jpg

yup thats very impressive from nvidia shows how good the architecture is that they can do that, it has so much more to give , while AMD have nothing left to give with its architecture wasnt one of the reasons going chiplet was to lower cost ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
you would think AMD would offer the same if they confident of the parts
nvidia are offering 3 years warranty on the FE , while AMD are offering 2 years

And yet Nvidia have more faults.

Also difficult to know the longevity of the GPU's because Nvidia have a higher market share but looking at the difference in PCB's i would trust an AMD GPU to last beyond 5 years much more than Nvidia, mine is now more than 3 and i already have anxiety about it just packing up.

My mates 290X is still going as a daily driver.

Last edited:
Soldato

Also difficult to know the longevity of the GPU's because Nvidia have a higher market share but looking at the difference in PCB's i would trust an AMD GPU to last beyond 5 years much more than Nvidia, mine is now more than 3 and i already have anxiety about it just packing up.

from my own experience I havent had faulty card from either and this going 20 years also building for friends etc, I dont care for either brand I dislike nvidia also I dont see AMD as some kind of saviour either

Last edited:
Soldato

Nvidia will have more faults because they sell more cards at a ratio of 9-1, generally the failure rate of GPUs is very low at sub 2% and a large % of the failures will happen in the first few weeks or be from DOA etc.

Soldato
Well i'll be honest with you, i'm not paying £600 for a GPU with the PCB of something that shouldn't cost more than £200, in the same way i wouldn't buy a cheap PSU.

thats why Im sticking with the 3080 , neither are offering me enough to go to either from current offerings for the cost of performance

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nvidia will have more faults because they sell more cards at a ratio of 9-1, generally the failure rate of GPUs is very low at sub 2% and a large % of the failures will happen in the first few weeks or be from DOA etc.

SMD's on the back of the core burning out after a couple of weeks is something that was due to using cheap components.

Soldato
Well i'll be honest with you, i'm not paying £600 for a GPU with the PCB of something that shouldn't cost more than £200, in the same way i wouldn't buy a cheap PSU.
I wouldn't pay £600 for a GPU with the performance level of what should be a £400 card regardless of how good the PCB is.

Caporegime
I wouldn't pay £600 for a GPU with the performance level of what should be a £400 card regardless of how good the PCB is.

The 4070 should be branded a 4060Ti and the 7800XT a 7800, they are the wrong branding, both AMD and Nvidia right across the stack, but the performance is debatable due to inflation, in any case IMO the 7800XT is a better GPU and cheaper, its like that simply because people put more value on the Nvidia brand.

I don't.

Last edited:
Soldato
I see Humbug is still posting absolute nonsense.

Would love to hear his explanation about why the 4070 PCB is so poor according to him. I know it wouldn't be in any way accurate but it would make for some comical reading and I could do with a laugh.

Soldato
The 4070 should be branded a 4060Ti and the 7800XT a 7800, they are the wrong branding, both AMD and Nvidia right across the stack, but the performance is debatable due to inflation, in any case IMO the 7800XT is a better GPU and cheaper, its like that simply because people put more value on the Nvidia brand.

I don't.
Yet you've been using an Nvidia card for the past 4 years.

Soldato
I see Humbug is still posting absolute nonsense.

Would love to hear his explanation about why the 4070 PCB is so poor according to him. I know it wouldn't be in any way accurate but it would make for some comical reading and I could do with a laugh.
Its not so much that its poor but rather that its cheap, its actually fine for that level of card but the cost savings doesn't reflect in the price of the 4070.

Back
Top Bottom