• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
The brainwashing seems to be working. I read it earlier and was like huhh? Ok if you think 3080 performance from 2020 at £650 is ok in 2024 for the same price.. This is a perfect example of why they are getting away with the stupid pricing regarding everything now that should be priced lower than before as it has always been done and the norm.

Yes inflation and blaa blaa this and that but seriously we have all been taken for a ride for long enough now since the lockdowns the BS excuses on everything should not be working now after seeing the record profits from these companies now. Just look at the basics now, from energy bills, mortgages/rent to food, but according to our government hey the prices of energy are down lol and food is only a few percent up, where really it has doubled or tripled for the same items. While profits for these companies are record breaking and never been seen before... but inflation and blaa blaa but 10x the profits from before in some cases. :rolleyes:

Greed at its best .. They won't be seeing a penny from me for anything I think is overpriced now and only things that are needed I will have to swallow the pill, till the world gets its act together again and bring back some normality to peoples lives and not this mess they have created for everyone but the people/companies profiting from this huge scam created to rob the everyday person and creating misery all in the name of greed.
I don't think anyone thinks it's good value, but it's not as bad as some people make out. In fantasy land where the 3080 was available to buy for £650 in 2020, we're getting approximately 48.7% better value for money now (inflation adjusted) with the 4070 Super in 3 and a half years.

Last edited:
Associate
starting to see deals for 7800XT's at ~£470, which seems like we're finally getting somewhere.
Asus Dual 7800 XT for about €425 after Asus cashback on the continent. So about £365. Nowhere near that in the UK yet.
So it is possible to sell that performance on a 16GB card for that price and still make profit after all!

Soldato
as the saying goes
you-cant-educate-pork-small-buttons.jpg

now they know they get away with greed, it incentivises them to be greedier next gen, so get saving now :D

Soldato
Asus Dual 7800 XT for about €425 after Asus cashback on the continent. So about £365. Nowhere near that in the UK yet.
So it is possible to sell that performance on a 16GB card for that price and still make profit after all!

Exactly and even in USA they are always getting deals on hardware and while here in rip off Britain the prices keep creeping up with new excuses.. You know a butterfly flapped its wings and caused the UK only to see unforeseen price increase excuses.. We all really need to stop and say no more to being taken for a ride.

Last edited:
Soldato
as the saying goes

now they know they get away with greed, it incentivises them to be greedier next gen, so get saving now :D

Not saving to be ripped off and not interested anymore unless I see something worth buying, reality is I'm not feeding these greedy companies on the want feeling anymore and then the buyers remorse right after feeling that it was a rip off kicks in, in the past you could buy on a want feeling and still feel like you can enjoy your purchase, but now the only feeling is how do I justify keeping it.

This is why I have moved any disposable income to other hobbies and interests. The funny thing is the pc hardware market always from time to time makes me invest elsewhere into my other hobbies and update other gear I use or interests that I have. Also I'm not interested in expensive hardware that can melt and burn my house down at the stupid prices they are at.

The industry as a whole has just become disgusting and sad thing is it always was my first personal interest, my studies and work... Now I just hate it on so many levels and disgusts me, then the greed and the never ending planned obsolescence has just turned me against the whole industry.. Not what I thought the future will be with technology and what it will be used for. It's nothing more than data mining everyone, selling/targetting advertising and destroying peoples privacy and selling your data without your permission to anyone that pays. Meeh ..

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder how long that will remain profitable?

Until governments around the world make it illegal, but seems governments are the ones paying for the data too. You can see the companies that do this data collection get more and more annoyed about ad-blockers and making their sites unusable if using one or making them annoying to use eg Youtube (google company).. Slows the whole page when it detects an ad-blocker that it can't block 100%.

Last edited:
Soldato
Until governments around the world make it illegal, but seems governments are the ones paying for the data too.

If everyone is collecting data and trying to sell it then that must drive the price down and at some point it's going to be uneconomic to collect the data - remember that collecting the data requires power, storage, processing, and bandwidth, all of which cost money.

Last edited:
Soldato
If everyone is collecting data and trying to sell it then that must drive the price down and at some point it's going to be uneconomic to collect the data - remember that collecting the data requires power, storage, processing, and bandwidth, all of cost money.

Exactly but still seems that bubble will not burst, also the largest power use in some cities now is the data centres storing all this data and the building of more as we speak. This data is now probably more valuable than ever with A.I companies using it and why so many companies are now restricting A.I programs/data collectors scrapping their data/sites.

They keep putting up new laws regarding data retention and how long they can hold it and when it needs to be deleted but I don't believe any of that is happening and all that is happening is it is archived and used in the background in some form.

Associate
You can see the companies that do this data collection get more and more annoyed about ad-blockers and making their sites unusable if using one or making them annoying to use eg Youtube (google company).. Slows the whole page when it detects an ad-blocker that it can't block 100%.

Sadly they're already a step ahead. Mobile phones has integrated itself into society so well, and the majority accepts mobiles as a requirement for their lives. There's a thread somewhere in the phone forum evidencing this, think it was along the lines of, do you leave your phone at home.

The point i was going to make it websites are built for mobile first now, and many have removed basic features to encourage app use. App use allowing all kinds of phone permissions.

Man of Honour
If everyone is collecting data and trying to sell it then that must drive the price down and at some point it's going to be uneconomic to collect the data - remember that collecting the data requires power, storage, processing, and bandwidth, all of which cost money.

It's not just about money. It's also about power. So they'll even accept a loss in money (which they will recoup by charging their targets higher prices anyway).

Associate
Wow, I didn't realise we got so screwed here in the UK! Would love to be able to score a 7800 for £350 rather than trawling auction sites looking at 3080s for the same amount of money!

Associate
Absolute cheapest card on OCUK is£500 but that's the 2 fan version
The 7900gre pricing suggests the 7800xt and 7700xt are now overpriced in the UK by around £50 each since it released which then aligns with the rest of the world for these and some of the temporary discoubta now appearing in the UK.
The 7800xt is more expensive than the 7900gre in some cases and where cheaper the price is so close that the 7800xt no longer makes sense from a price/performance perspective.
For me this increasingly cynical pricing behaviour just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I've needed a GPU upgrade since at least 2021, but the longer I wait the easier it gets to put up with my current system limitations. I was going for a 7800xt but the 7900gre release put a spanner in the works and seems the most sensible of the midrange stack. Which then returns me to the £500+ for a midrange GPU quandry.

Soldato
This is why i try my best not to purchase from the UK and its a good job i have family in Asia that can bring over graphics cards and the alike for much much cheaper.

The UK is just too expensive and i can't see it improving anytime soon, it will be its own demise.

Back
Top Bottom