• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
I probably would have gone with the RX 7800 XT for around £500, that would've been a good alternative.

It seems like they could probably do a refresh (overclocked) version of this card, just to ensure it's ahead of the last gen, presumably called a RX 7850 XT.

Last edited:
Soldato
7800XT overclocked can match a 6950XT shown here:

So! AMD left performance (about 10-15%) on the table to avoid cannibalising 7900XT sales.
Obviously not every card will do this though, if it did AMD would have cranked the cards performance and the price to £600 since it would have looked much better against the 4070.

Soldato
Weirdest card of the year award goes to:

It seems like something went really wrong with this card, maybe the GPU clocks were just not good enough.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Obviously not every card will do this though, if it did AMD would have cranked the cards performance and the price to £600 since it would have looked much better against the 4070.

The 7800XT overclocks much better than any other card, including those from AMD, it gains 15 to 20% real terms performance, its actually matches the stock 4070Ti and that only overclock by 5% like every other GPU.

The 7800XT is underclocked as @GhostDog1981 said to stop it cannibalising the 7900XT, its near as fast when clocked.

Last edited:
Caporegime
cwPsiIz.png

BTr0r7e.png

CgWLYkE.png

Last edited:
Soldato
it gains 15 to 20% real terms performance
Reviews I’ve seen say it’s around 8% in games which is still good for a modern card, maybe it gets mores in benchmarks or a golden sample may push 15% but I doubt this is normal else AMD would have monetised this.

Caporegime
The 4070 super seems like a great price at the moment - I guess given its offering essentially 3080 performance (sometimes more) then it feels like ~£650 is about right

£650 for 2020 £650 performance in 2024, you think that is about right? You think 4 year old performance at the same money is about right? Have you lost your marbles?

Last edited:
Soldato
£650 for 2020 £650 performance in 2024, you think that is about right? You think 4 year old performance at the same money is about right? Have you lost your marbles?

The brainwashing seems to be working. I read it earlier and was like huhh? Ok if you think 3080 performance from 2020 at £650 is ok in 2024 for the same price.. This is a perfect example of why they are getting away with the stupid pricing regarding everything now that should be priced lower than before as it has always been done and the norm.

Yes inflation and blaa blaa this and that but seriously we have all been taken for a ride for long enough now since the lockdowns the BS excuses on everything should not be working now after seeing the record profits from these companies now. Just look at the basics now, from energy bills, mortgages/rent to food, but according to our government hey the prices of energy are down lol and food is only a few percent up, where really it has doubled or tripled for the same items. While profits for these companies are record breaking and never been seen before... but inflation and blaa blaa but 10x the profits from before in some cases. :rolleyes:

Greed at its best .. They won't be seeing a penny from me for anything I think is overpriced now and only things that are needed I will have to swallow the pill, till the world gets its act together again and bring back some normality to peoples lives and not this mess they have created for everyone but the people/companies profiting from this huge scam created to rob the everyday person and creating misery all in the name of greed.

Associate
Lockdown, miners, scalpers (a tactic they gleefully adopted themselves hand in hand with retailers) chip shortages, shipping, inflation, higher research costs - all BS, prices still higher than they've ever been comparitively, still more for less gen on gen, tier uplifts, lower end cards costing ridiculous amounts, VRAM skimping, drip feeding cards into the marke to propote false scarcity, launches staggered to ridiculous degree to FOMO poeple into buying the top end card...

Some of the cards seen this gen have been the worst ever seen, absolute memes.

Just pure unadulterated greed, and if you ever bought into any of the stories and excuses then quite frankly you're an idiot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom