White Out

Associate
OP
Looking really nice, have you fired up the fans yet? I've heard really good things about them, particularly the 1900rpm ones which seem the sweet spot for undervolting for quietness and still giving good performance when needed.

they are very good fans, for that very reason!

These are the temp's i'm getting, bear in mind i haven't overclocked yet so everything is @ stock

Stock_Temps.png

The fans are spinning up at about 1200rpm and only giving off a very low hum!

Associate
OP
I did notice in the first photo that your XSPC GPU bridge is leaking, have you redone that already?

I only noticed that when i was looking through the pictures, i've checked it since and there is no leak! I did tighten the screws up even more just to be sure, i hoping it happened when i moved the pc (it's very heavy).

Although its made me paranoid now, i will keep an eye on it and see what happens!

Associate
OP
I'm of a similar kinda feeling - the solid black of the GPU's and the bridge could be broken up some, an easier solution would be some white EK-plugs on the bridge? Totally down to your preference though - painting the backplates would probably work out cheaper! ;)

I have thought about buying the Monsoon 1/4" white plugs and putting them in both cards as the white and i have thought spraying the SLI bridge, although i kind of want to try putting the cards in parallel instead of series.

On another note, i've been talking to Monsoon and they are trying to sort me out a custom white faceplate for the front of my bay res!

Associate
OP
Nice build mate just bought the same case in white also so sexy :)
Got a question for you the rad under the videocards,can you fit 120mms there instead of the 140mm?

Yes, the radiator at the bottom is 240mm one, so can fit x2 120mm on the bracket that is supplied at the bottom of the case.

Associate
OP
The tidyness of the rear is amazing! How did you get it so clean and perfect looking? My cables never seem to be the right length and always seem to be cramped in a couple of key areas...

I always take more time with the cables round the back than i do actually installing the parts and watercooling!

My aim was to make all the cables "flow" kind of like arteries (if that makes any sense at all?)

There will be some updates to this build coming at the end of the month, will look forward to posing pictures!

On another note i was thinking of changing the GPU's from series to parallel circuit, will this make the temperatures between the cards equal? I don't know much of the difference, other than the looks ofcourse?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info guys.

I am tempted to leave it as it is, there is about a 2 degree difference at idle temps and about a 4 degree difference under load so i don't think it warrents it!

Associate
OP
Mate this looks great. Really nice job on the build.

Why didn't you go with Acrylic?

To be honest i'm not really a fan of hard tubing, i prefer the curves of flexible tubing, providing there isn't any slack or sag with the tubing.

Also there really isn't that much tubing on show, which was my whole design idea when thinking about the flow of the tubing.

Associate
OP
To be completely honest I just assumed as I had x2 780's in the rig that the bracket wouldn't fit, I never test fitted it with them installed, I'm assuming you mean the pump bracket that covers the grommets?

There was going to be updates to this build, I'm going to add some lighting to the case, I'm thinking of red and white lights! I was going. to get a red led strip to light up the phanteks logo in the little window, and use x2 30cm lighting strips to light up the motherboard and GPU's!

Thanks for checking out the final build pictures though!

Associate
OP
Yeah the pump bracket, I actually had to cut mine to fit with the 780Ti's in place the original "cut out" wasn't long enough for my cards to work in Sli I had to move bottom card down a slot.

Yeah I have some white LED strips also but I've never taken a "running" picture, must do that as one of my strips is behind the pump bracket ;)

A small part of me wanted to remove that bracket so i can see the cables that i sleeved, i do plan on making more of a feature of them and also contemplated changing the sleeve to white.....not sure on that front tho?

As for the lighting i wanted to use these.....

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-041-BX

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-055-BX

Do you know if the plug on these are compatible to the LED connectors in the case? I want to be able to switch the lighting off /on with the switch.

Associate
OP
Those can be powered directly off a molex judging by the images on the product page. I used the the Phantek connectors for my side strips which used the dupont connectors.

I don't really wish to use the molex connector though, i want to use those dupont connectors that are in the case i hoped that those LED's had the same connector on them? not sure if they are!

Associate
OP
On another note i'm thinking of changing the colour of my sleeve, not sure i like the black at all :p i'm thinking white, but i think red will also look good??

I will be adding lights shortly, expect pics soon! :D

Associate
OP
Hey,

Sorry for the delay with any updates regarding this build! Life has been far too busy just lately! Anyway i have some parts that have arrived today, here are some pictures (because we all love pictures!!)

DSC_117.jpg

DSC_118.jpg

DSC_119.jpg

DSC_120.jpg

Associate
OP
My reasoning for buying the external hard drive is that i wanted to move the HDD that was gheto mounted in the bottom of my case into this enclosure, and having SSD only storage in the computer.

The new setup will be the following:

x2 60Gb Corsair Force LS in raid 0 - This is just for Win7 and Drivers
x2 500gb Samsung 840 Evo in raid 0 - This is for games and additional programs

Here are some pictures of the Icy Dock:-

DSC_121.jpg

DSC_122.jpg

DSC_123.jpg

DSC_124.jpg

DSC_125.jpg

Can anyone recommend a decent drive benchmark software? I want to test the performance i get with the new SSD's.

Associate
OP
I've done a few updates to the build mainly the following:

Added x3 LED strips to the interior of the Enthoo Primo
Added x2 500gb Samsung Evo SSD's
Replaced the Mayhems liquid (the old Mayhem's liquid although being clear had turned blue???)
I've re-sleeved all the PSU cables with white sleeve

Finally a few pictures of the complete build......

DSC_126.jpg

DSC_127.jpg

DSC_128.jpg

*^* I didn't really like the GPU power cables in this configuration so i changed them to one below, let me know what you guys think of either of them!

DSC_131.jpg

DSC_129.jpg

DSC_130.jpg

Next on my purchase list is the ROG swift Monitor! will post updates when it arrives!

Associate
OP
beautiful....

Stunning... Well done!!!

definite contender for my favourite project posted this year so far, well done!

Thanks guys! Nice to know my work is appreciated by some, not sure my missus would agree though :p

I've been doing some research into custom painting my keyboard (a corsair K95), does anyone have any experience in this or some helpful hints and tips?

On another note i have an update arriving tomorrow :D

Associate
OP
Davido painted his for H2Orange using plastidip spray paint.

This will be another little project I'll attempt in the next coming months!

Another update, i had my new monitor arrive! There is only really one choice of monitor these days.....

DSC_0293.jpg

I decided to move my desk about as I'm no longer using my 40" TV

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

Back
Top Bottom