Will you be buying Apple Vision Pro once it gets released in the UK.?

Associate
OP
You're better off with a Quest 3.

Yeah but there just aren’t good VR games for me.
There are few like Half Life Alyx and Lone Echo but I finished those many times.
Asgards Wrath 2 was super disappointing and when I started it I turned it off after 3 minutes seeing the terrible graphics.
VR mods while cool idea just don’t work well enough as there are always bugs, graphical glitches and so on.
Most Quest games look like mobile games from 10 years ago.
So all I’m left with is movie watching and desktop use.
I actually bought Xreal Air and I’m happy with those for my use as I can watch 3D movies at full resolution on oled displays while the Quest 3 is sitting in the box unused.

Last edited:
Associate
Sim racing or flying is where vr really shines for me, the sooner the 5090 releases the better as the crystal has the display it just needs a more powerful gpu to take full advantage of it.

Associate
OP
Sim racing or flying is where vr really shines for me, the sooner the 5090 releases the better as the crystal has the display it just needs a more powerful gpu to take full advantage of it.
Yeah I agree but I’m not into those and Quest isn’t best for sim racing anyway.
There is a lot of detail loss when going at high speed due to compression.

Soldato
Yeah I agree but I’m not into those and Quest isn’t best for sim racing anyway.
There is a lot of detail loss when going at high speed due to compression.

It might not be perfect but it's much more immersive. You don't really look at the scenery when screaming round a track in a competitive race. I personally don't see any poor visuals playing AMS2 with quest3, the graphics are great.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Lucky for you guys, unfortunately I always immediately see all the issues.
Always pointing out displays flaws of my mates phones to them which they didn’t se where I noticed immediately.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
yep and this is an tech enthusiast forum so not a great sign! I'm hoping it doesn't do too much damage to overall VR adoption at this rate :)
Apparently they had around 200k preorders so that’s not bad considering the price.

Associate
They should have priced it at MacBook / iPad Pro prices, no more than £1500 then there would be more interest but as it is I think it will flop.
Apple don’t seem that confident in it either as they haven’t even given the uk a release date

Last edited:
Soldato
That;s a quest 3 I believe. The original he posted on reddit. I suggested a load of things to do, looks like he's done the most basic.

I think having it set as territories where bugs can spawn would be more fun. You get score for removing territory anyway, but with a speed bonus, slow is fine, too fast loses points. Mini bosses run away from you, if you stay at the right speed you catch up, if you go too fast they massively speed up and run away. Could easily turn it into a task that kids want to do.

Soldato
im glad it launchd with 600 games/apps i'll have to check out, from what i found doing a search (becuase i suck finding apples app stor for this headset) :
Demeo - good job and good social and strategy / rougue lite dungeonb crawl
Puzzling Places - it was good on quest 1 app lab, waiting to play on Q3 was thourally imoressed and been waiting a long time to buy and support them. - OOww Free Launch game offer
Rec Room - not much to say good social expirence and relax i guess.

are on there
a few others i know as well based on https://www.uploadvr.com/apple-vision-pro-ar-vr-games/

Others :
Wisp World - premise seems interesting "ornament for your desk that houses a tiny forest spirit brought to life through generative AI"
What The Golf? - looks ok but its no walkabout mini golf, that needs to be on here..
TinyFins - seems more an entry level game to vr fun and relaxing but old quickly / same as hoops
Super Fruit Ninja - its now on every plat fome "Good job Fruit Ninja" :D
Soul Spire- "Soul Assembly states eye and hand movement is an integral part of the puzzle gameplay" very interested as to what they do with this and implement

gnerally a bit disappointed with what i see.
some usfull business and relaxing app like : Contour i could see being usfull for non artist and people wanting a drawing zen expirence. its amusing the demo is based on the Quest version though.

there isnt anything there that screams must haves so far, am i missing something?.
The q3 512gb price is about as much as the average consumer will want to pay. for that cost you can get a half decent laptop or gaming pc which will have a lot more options for uses.
at £3500? im not seeing anything that is a game changer (or 1tb model at £3900) thats a 4090 new build with change for a quest headset and wifi 6 router.

Associate
OP
Reading Reddit and Macrumors forums it seems there is loads of people disappointed with the lens glare/reflections and will be returning Apple Vision Pro due to that.
Can’t blame them as I would 100% do the same as this stuff is immersion breaking to me in every high contrast scenario.
To me lens glare/reflections on Quest 3 are much more distracting than god rays on fresnel lenses.
In the right conditions the whole screen can get cloudy from a single light source on the screen.
Took my Quest 3 out the box yesterday and gave it another go and the right lens has so much glare it’s straight up unbearable.
Packed it and will send it back to Meta one last time hoping I can get one that I can live with.

Back
Top Bottom