Will you be buying Apple Vision Pro once it gets released in the UK.?

Soldato
that battery pack.. would have liked to hae seen a replacable usb-c cable on it. its one of the items i can see breaking soonest.
i am also interested in how and what apple and vendors have planned for the eye tracking.

The cable is detachable from the battery pack, using a similar method to release sim card holders in phones - inserting a pin into a small hole.

Soldato
Why is that good? Can it not render the first whole screen natively?

Not even when plugged physically into a PC?

It's a mobile device, so no pluggy into PC..... yet. As you aren't able to see completely clearly over your whole field of view, it makes sense just to use the processing power to make the item you're looking at even sharper, rather than make the whole screen clearer. Economy of resources.

Associate
5 pages and counting, is there even 1 person in this thread who is buying the AVP :cry: :confused:
Alien V Predator? I'm putting stonks into The Xenomorphs myself.
They are always a safe bet for surging numbers. Predators are a good bet as well, but I'm sticking with the Aliens. Even LV426 couldn't stop the rise.

Last edited:
Soldato

Apple Vision Pro gets SteamVR support!

Soldato
Would definitely like to go try one out at an apple store when (if?) they ever release here... Can't see myself buying one but would love to compare it to quest 3 etc myself.

Soldato
What frustrates me most about the AVP is that mainstream media seem to think it's the only VR/MR device out there.

It's like the whole VR/MR ecosystem doesn't exist and Apple just invented it.

Alas there are historical examples of this - Apple didn't invent or even have the most popular home computer, but in the mainstream media Commodore have been almost written out of American computer history. Apple didn't invent the MP3 player, but no-one remembers the Zune and other MP3 devices. Apple didn't invent the smartphone, but no-one now remembers the Nokia Communicator or other early smart phones.

I suppose one reason Apple is desperate to avoid any widely used terms like VR and MR is they don't want people searching for those terms and finding there are headsets out there for far less that are pretty capable, in some ways more capable than the AVP.

Associate
What frustrates me most about the AVP is that mainstream media seem to think it's the only VR/MR device out there.

It's like the whole VR/MR ecosystem doesn't exist and Apple just invented it.

Alas there are historical examples of this - Apple didn't invent or even have the most popular home computer, but in the mainstream media Commodore have been almost written out of American computer history. Apple didn't invent the MP3 player, but no-one remembers the Zune and other MP3 devices. Apple didn't invent the smartphone, but no-one now remembers the Nokia Communicator or other early smart phones.

I suppose one reason Apple is desperate to avoid any widely used terms like VR and MR is they don't want people searching for those terms and finding there are headsets out there for far less that are pretty capable, in some ways more capable than the AVP.
Wasn't it some russian guy who was messing with audio files or something,and he accidentally created the MP3 file format?

Last edited:
Associate
tbh this is way to expensive for me. I don't use VR enough to justify the price. I cant even justify the price of the quest 3 of PSVR2. The quest 2 is still perfect for me, only thing I would change is the tracking on it as its noticeably off sometimes on games like beat sabre

Back
Top Bottom