Will you be buying Apple Vision Pro once it gets released in the UK.?

Soldato
To be fair I don’t think the current Apple headset is really designed as a consumer device.

From what I’ve seen it looks more like a dev kit created for developers/influencers to build apps/hype for the launch of a future consumer version further down the line.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't get the comparisons, they are different devices. How many people walk around outside wearing their Quest 3, do work on it while sitting on the train and interact with the VR and RL world? No, well I haven't seen any either, but you do see Vision Pro users doing just that. So fundamentally these are two seperate devices and YouTubers trying to compare them are clickbaiters looking for ad revenue

Soldato
I don't get the comparisons, they are different devices. How many people walk around outside wearing their Quest 3, do work on it while sitting on the train and interact with the VR and RL world? No, well I haven't seen any either, but you do see Vision Pro users doing just that. So fundamentally these are two seperate devices and YouTubers trying to compare them are clickbaiters looking for ad revenue

Yes, they are different headsets.
No, you don't see vision pro users walking outside and doing work on trains. You see vispro owners getting their mates to video them walking outside and doing stuff on trains so that they can get themselves on the internet for buying an expensive headset.
Walking round outside with a vispro on will get you mugged.

Last edited:
Soldato
I haven't worked in my Q3, but there's no reason why I couldn't to be honest. I'd rather a controller than hand tracking for my work. A bluetooth keyboard is doable too. I have used my q3 in public, airports especially. I see no reason to walk around with it on my head though, since (and I believe this is true of the pro too), the windows would be left behind, unless I dragged them with me. But in the end, I need to be looking where I'm walking, rather than focusing on work, otherwise I'm going to trip over little children.

Main reason I take my laptop to work on the train etc, is because it packs far more conveniently than a q3 would (especially as I'll still bring a keyboard).

Something like a pair of Nreal glasses however could work even better.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I think the glasses are the way forward, wearing a big bulky visor outside is like trying to drive a car using your knees, fine in a straight line but hit the twist'ys and your in a ditch.

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess that's the one benefit of been a dork. Wearing the headset is probably an improvement. :p

Long hair in french braid/ponytail, long beard nearly down to my belly button held together with a few hairbands, child with his q2 on, me with my q3 on. I suspect we're a sight! What is amusing is playing a game in passthrough, people walk past looking at you, and you give them a little wave. Confuses the hell out of them! Perhaps with the AVP raising awareness, it won't be that much of a surprise now.

Soldato
Long hair in french braid/ponytail, long beard nearly down to my belly button held together with a few hairbands, child with his q2 on, me with my q3 on. I suspect we're a sight! What is amusing is playing a game in passthrough, people walk past looking at you, and you give them a little wave. Confuses the hell out of them! Perhaps with the AVP raising awareness, it won't be that much of a surprise now.

That's one massive benefit of the AVP. It brings the kind of publicity and awareness about VR and AR to the general public in a way that only Apple can. It's a massive boost in that regard.

Soldato
Surely you could have just said picture Gimli :D

Underboss

Attachments

• thor-god-of-thunder-v0-74units68ewa1.jpg
    thor-god-of-thunder-v0-74units68ewa1.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom