Yodel Delivery Service - OMG!

Caporegime
Can't believe the size of box Amazon used for one small coffee mug, I take it their named after the rain forest they are destroying? :eek:

If you think that's bad...

2012-05-14%2012.08.16.jpg

It's not even a breakable item.

Soldato
I've had no bad experiences with delivery services so far, in fact, I've had 3 today so far using different delivery companies (Yodel/City Link/DPD). Touch wood it stays that way. :p

Associate
Yodel are now saying my parcel is missing and need 48hours to conduct a search...

I had the same thing.
They said they'd ring back after 48 hours, which they never did.
I ended up ringing amazon telling them that yodel have lost the item and they quickly sent another one out.

Associate
Well looks like I spoke too soon, arranged CityLink to uplift a customers job (via Parcelmonkey) and deliver to our works, got an automated EMAIL late last night saying "missed collection", spoke to my supplier who informed me that CityLink came in but since he had no paperwork or the name of the customer (he just kept saying "off the internet"), my customer in their wisdom decided to hunt Citylink without bothering to phone me

To compound the ****-up, Parcelmonkey/CityLink now need a "new" set of shipping labels printed (rather than do an automatic retry the next day), so this loses me a further two days

So a before 12 delivery on Wed would turn into a before 12 delivery on Friday

Totally *******ed up my job

And just to add insult to injury when I click on the CS online support number I get helpfully told their working hours are 9-5 Mon/Friday (this was @ 11am this morning)

Absolute clowns and I take everything back good that I've ever said about them

Soldato
Yodel, HDNL, DHL - it's all basically the same thing and it's not a great service to be honest. One of my customers trades with them (price-based decision) and are finding them to be increasingly unreliable and cumbersome to deal with.

They have been dreadfull from the word go.

I got suspended from here when I said to stay away from them when OCUK first mentioned they were going to use them a few years ago.

Never got an apology when they dropped them a little while later for not delivering stuff, loosing stuff, breaking stuff and being generally rubbish.

In case anyone is interested in WHY they were useless is that DHL bought out securicor(omega) which if anyone remembers was a company that used to run around in blue vans with an older type of driver.
These older type of drivers had excellent rates of pay, and hefty company pensions.
To make the company more attractive when it came to be sold (it wasnt the biggest, and had an ageing fleet, expensive workforce and large pension liabilities) the sales force went out and pretty much "bought" what ever business they could, at rock bottom prices that didnt even cover the cost of moving the stuff beterrn depots, let alone delivering it at the other end.

DHL snapped them up and were left with a lemon, lots of the larger accounts had been tied into 12 and 24 and 36 month service contracts and the goods were being moved for nothing.

They tried everything to save money, self employed drivers on a pittance, tarts in seirras (which is the service they sold to OCUK, basically a load of mums doing part time work in their own car delivering what they felt like)

Combine that with the global economic meltdown that destroyed their US parcel operation (all their stuff is moved by UPS now) they pretty much gave up on parcels in the UK.
Which is how they ended up being bought by the HDNL (now yodel).

Joke of a company, run by morons.

Soldato
I ordered a Graphics card from eBay, They used yodel as the delivery company

I wasn't in so they left in in the RECYCLING BIN instead of the large green metal box labeled PARCELS on the wall next to my front door.

They said that because my door said leave parcels in the box it was my fault as the bin looks like a box...

problem is my bin men actually walk up my drive to empty that bin for me as they know i forget (nice chaps)
And it was bin collection day... and guess where that nice GPU went.

Associate
I ordered a Graphics card from eBay, They used yodel as the delivery company

I wasn't in so they left in in the RECYCLING BIN instead of the large green metal box labeled PARCELS on the wall next to my front door.

They said that because my door said leave parcels in the box it was my fault as the bin looks like a box...

problem is my bin men actually walk up my drive to empty that bin for me as they know i forget (nice chaps)
And it was bin collection day... and guess where that nice GPU went.

Thats a lie isnt it? You retreived it from the bin before it was emptied and claimed your money back from the seller. Just admit it :D

Associate
RAGE!!!!

Parcel has been out for delivery all day and I've been waiting anxiously. Tracking states that no one was in and a card has been left. NOT TRUE!

Waited on the phone for 25 minutes. The guy said that the driver had trouble finding the house and he expected me to phone the delivery man and sort it out, not happy!

Phoned the delivery man. He said.. 'Oh yeah, I popped round and there was nobody in'

'Err, no you didn't, I've been waiting all day...'

'Ah ok well I'll be down in half an hour after I've had my tea...'

WTF. This company is a joke!

lol

I think when you are carded there should be a unique id on the card. Then there is no more porkies about attempted deliveries.

Soldato
Shower of cowboys tbh.

phoned me on Wednesday to arrange delivery of a bulky item.

Told me Friday was the only day they could deliver it, I told them it wasn't suitable. Couldn't give me a time slot for the following week but what they could do is have the driver call me 1 hour before delivery.

Not a problem I thought until I come in to find a card behind the door and no calls to me.

how difficult is it to make a single phonecall

Back
Top Bottom