Yodel Delivery Service - OMG!

Soldato
Never had any real problems with any courier except for Yodel, really awful service. 3 times they failed to deliver an item, even lied and said they'd attempted delivery when they hadn't.

Soldato
I've had a couple of thing delivered by Yodel over the last month or so with no issues. I suppose it depends what the courier himself/herself is like and the one who came to my house twice was fine.

Saying that I do get nervous about receiving my packages when Yodel is mentioned :D

Associate
This happened to me with parcel2go and citylink.......never had an issue with citylink b4 this but was out for delivery for 4 times before a complaint made and then delivered.

I think p2go are paying low rates and the couriers are prioritisiing their own parcel deliveries rather than a 3rd party courier service....

Associate
Currently experiencing the same awful service from Yodel. Despite waiting in 2 days for a delivery and saying delivery had been attempted yet someone has been here all day i am still awaiting my parcel 4 working days later; current status;

In transit but possible delay (NORWICH SERVICE CENTRE) 3rd Sep 2012 15:24
In transit but possible delay (NORWICH SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Aug 2012 12:21
In transit but possible delay (NORWICH SERVICE CENTRE) 30th Aug 2012 14:26
In transit but possible delay (NORWICH SERVICE CENTRE) 29th Aug 2012 13:35
In transit but possible delay (NORWICH SERVICE CENTRE) 29th Aug 2012 13:20
Arrived At Depot (NORWICH SERVICE CENTRE) 29th Aug 2012 07:57
Departed Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 29th Aug 2012 01:46
Arrived At Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 29th Aug 2012 01:46
Departed Depot (KEIGHLEY SERVICE CENTRE) 28th Aug 2012 18:00
Parcel data received awaiting coll. (KEIGHLEY SERVICE CENTRE) 28th Aug 2012 00:00

I even had another delivery from yodel today but this order didn't come with it. Getting sooo frustrated and cannot call anyone about it either, no one seems to answer phones :mad:

Associate
Had a problem with them about 6 weeks ago getting mine and OH's phones delivered from O2, arranged for them to be delivered on the Monday as my OH had the day off work, OH was in the kitchen where she could see the front door, yodel guy walks up puts a card through the door and was gone before OH could catch him.

Rang Yodel and spent over an hour on hold waiting for them to answer, then got cut off, rang back and it refused to connect at all. Left it for a couple of hours and tried again...same thing. Rang O2 to sort it out, said they would get it re-delivered for the Wednesday for us as we could get mother-in-law to sit in for us. They were a no-show, rang yodel that night to see what was going on, they insisted that they did try to deliver at 7.45am, only person to knock on the door at that time was mother-in-law, re-arranged for Friday as I was off work that day (booked it off for delivery). Got to around 2pm on the Friday, bearing in mind that both previous attempts had been before 11am, and I rang them to be told that they had tried to deliver on the Thursday as I had arranged with them and that I was lying about the fact that I had arranged for Friday, until I read the confirmation e-mail to them. They then changed their story saying that it must have been left off the van that morning by mistake and that they wouldn't be able to re-deliver until the Monday (a full-week after the original delivery), told them that that wasn't any good as I was working on the Monday and wouldn't be able to book any more time off. Asked them if it could be delivered that afternoon and was transferred to the Reading depot to ask them. Explained to the bint at Reading to be told that all the drivers had gone home.

So the arranged to go and pick it up from Reading on the Saturday and was told that was fine, so turned up at Reading to then be told that they couldn't find them, told them what I thought of them and said I wasn't leaving until I had my packages, amazingly half hour later some one came out with the packages one of which had been opened. I was ready to kick off until OH dragged me out.

Will never order from anyone that uses Yodel again.

Associate
Yodel slipped a "sorry your not in" slip, despite the works gate being open, forklift trucks operating and the office windows being open, astounded Amazon have started using these clowns

Associate
This happened to me with parcel2go and citylink.......never had an issue with citylink b4 this but was out for delivery for 4 times before a complaint made and then delivered.

I think p2go are paying low rates and the couriers are prioritisiing their own parcel deliveries rather than a 3rd party courier service....

I've never had a problem with Parcelmonkey & Citylink, P2G on the other hand :rolleyes:

Yodel slipped a "sorry your not in" slip, despite the works gate being open, forklift trucks operating and the office windows being open, astounded Amazon have started using these clowns

Had similar.

They couldn't deliver as no one was at work..
Including the 24/7/365 hours security hut at the very edge of site by the main entrance it would seem.
They didnt leave a card, but on their system they claimed to have left one, we even searched the fencing near the secuirty gate to see if the driver was blind and had driven across the grass but alas no.

Yodel = total fail

Caporegime
My phone was supposed to be delivered today, I was certainly shocked when I got a text saying that they had attempted to deliver and left a card when I had been sat watching TV next to the front door all day and saw or heard no one or any card. I was unable to get on the phone to anyone at Yodel or mobiles.co.uk so I immediately cancelled my contract, no doubt they'll have a hell of a time trying to get the phone back now Yodel has it.

I believe Yodel are ranked the worst courier on trustpilot.

What they are doing is fraud by definition, and I will be reporting them to the appropriate authorities.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had to stop using Amazon to buy larger items as they ship with Yodel. The past three packages I've ordered that were shipped via them didn't arrive. What I found hilarious was with the most recent they:

1 - Claimed the address was incorrect
2 - The next day claimed I was not at the address so a card was left (Not true, I was in all day)
3 - Attempted delivery... in Fareham
4 - Apparently delivered and had the package signed for by me in Fareham.

I live in Greater London, not sure how they figured they had managed to deliver to me in Fareham.

Associate
Brought a camera though a big online company using a next day delivery service. Come to the next day someone waited in all day and no update on the tracking.

Waited till the next day before ringing up in the afternoon. Turns out they gave the wrong driver the parcel as wasn't in the drivers area and they didn't even bother to send it the next day with the rite driver. So a Wednesday delivery turned into a Saturday delivery.

Soldato
Yep, they are bloody useless.
One delivery driver decided to leave a card telling us he'd left the parcel at a different address, 20 miles away. I lived in the city centre of Plymouth!
Presumably he left it with one of his previous deliverys and couldn't be arsed to go back and get it.

Eventually phoned the company up and got a refund, told them to sort it out with yodel.

That was after 3 "failed" deliverys, when there is always someone in.

They are a bunch of total jokers, I avoid online shops which use them or if I must use them I email in advance to request an alternative courier.

Soldato
Useless is an understatement. I ordered flowers for my wife's birthday and paid for a 'by 1pm' delivery. Suffice to say, they didn't arrive until 7pm even though the box had a huge sticker on it that read 'AM Delivery'.

Associate
Currently experiencing the same awful service from Yodel. Despite waiting in 2 days for a delivery and saying delivery had been attempted yet someone has been here all day i am still awaiting my parcel 4 working days later; current status;

I even had another delivery from yodel today but this order didn't come with it. Getting sooo frustrated and cannot call anyone about it either, no one seems to answer phones :mad:

I'm also having the same problem with the same depot! Parcel was supposed to turn up on Saturday (Amazon prime) didn't, no sign of it Monday either. Phoned up, they didn't have an excuse other than 'It didn't make it onto the van' they could see it was at the Norwich depot. I asked if I could just collect it as I only work down the road to be informed there has to be at least one failed delivery before I can collect. Awful service.

All I have on the parcel tracker is.

31/08/2012 20:08:00 PRIME SORT The parcel has been sorted at our hub
01/09/2012 06:17:00 NORWICH DEPOT The parcel has been received into depot

Associate
Also looks like DPD aren't that great, been promised delivery today with a ONE hour window, however it's 11:03 and I still don't know what time they will be chapping my house door (made the mistake of getting the parts delivered to my house thinking that it's only RAM and they'll use Royal Mail)

Associate
Had a bad delivery from these yesterday, my mum bought a new TV for her bedroom, these guys were the courier. Wasn't expecting it to be delivered until Friday, but went outside yesterday about 1pm and the idiot had just left the box outside near the porch, in plain view for all to see! good job it didn't rain.

Associate
Can't believe the size of box Amazon used for one small coffee mug, I take it their named after the rain forest they are destroying? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom